• How to Fix Unable to Connect to Proxy Server in Chrome

Posted by Oscar Frank in Computers. Last Updated: January 12, 2013

You came across a connection error after installing a VPN or messing around with the Proxy Settings of your Google Chrome browser. Such an Error as:

Unable to Connect to Proxy Server

A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers. Right now, your system is configured to use a proxy, but Google Chrome can’t connect to it.

Unable to connect
    Here is how to fix it.

That’s how I fixed “Unable to Connect to Proxy Server” on my Chrome Web Browser.

Related Posts

Author: Oscar Frank

Oscar is a Blogger, who has the passion to teach others how to make money blogging. Apart from this, his other areas of interest are Wordpress, Web Development and Gadgets. You can connect with him on Facebook, Twitter or Google +

25 Responses to “How to Fix Unable to Connect to Proxy Server in Chrome”

• king says:

Negative
    :((((

• Neda says:

Thanks, it works

• Doc Jeffries says:

Thanks for the advice, Oscar. That didn’t work for me but it led me in the right direction. I simple removed the check mark for “Use a Proxy Server” above the option you mentioned…okayed out and closed Chrome. Restarted Chrome and all was working fine!
    Thanks for the advice! :)

Cheers!
    Jeff

• Ken says:

Tried that still doesn’td work! What else can I do.

• Ken says:

Resolved it finally by running the following:

1. Enter “CMD” and right click CMD.exe and selected run as administrator:
    2. Once in dialog box, after cursor: netsh winsock reset.
    3. Ran combofix.exe
    4. So far, everything is back to normal at the moment!

• Andy says:

Getting an error saying that the settings are enforced by an administrator.

• arkap says:

Tnx it worked for me.

• sarita Samrai says:

Hi, just had to let you know it worked. Was tempted to take the laptop back to factory settings. Thank you.

• alberto says:

Hey, when I go to googe chrome settings, and then network, and then the “change proxy settings” bar wont allow me to click on it. Please help, all of my browsers is doing this, cant access the internet

• Oscar Frank says:

Hi Alberto,
      There are 2 things that can cause it not to pop up,.
      1. Your PC is slow and it would take a longer time than usual to pop up that Change Proxy settings, so you have to be patient. OR
      2. Your Chrome browser is corrupt and needs a re-installation.
      Try these out and let me know what you came up with. Thanks

• Ali says:

thank u..problem solved

• Simbarashe Takawira says:

It worked for me after adding one step to what you told us. I unchecked “use automatic configuration script”