You came across a connection error after installing a VPN or messing around with the Proxy Settings of your Google Chrome browser. Such an Error as:
Unable to Connect to Proxy Server
A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers. Right now, your system is configured to use a proxy, but Google Chrome can’t connect to it.
Here is how to fix it.
- Launch your Google Chrome Browser.
- Click on the Menu Bar, then Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to Show Advanced Settings, click on it, then scroll down to Networks, then click on Change Proxy Settings… button
- Now a new window would pop up, click on LAN Settings. A second window appears, now Tick the Automatically Detect Settings check box, click on OK to close Current window.
- Then Click on OK to close the second window.
That’s how I fixed “Unable to Connect to Proxy Server” on my Chrome Web Browser.