How to Fix Unable to Connect to Proxy Server in Chrome

You came across a connection error after installing a VPN or messing around with the Proxy Settings of your Google Chrome browser. Such an Error as:

Unable to Connect to Proxy Server

A proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers. Right now, your system is configured to use a proxy, but Google Chrome can’t connect to it.

Unable to connect
Here is how to fix it.

• Launch your Google Chrome Browser.
  • Click on the Menu Bar, then Click on Settings.
  • Scroll down to Show Advanced Settings, click on it, then scroll down to Networks, then click on Change Proxy Settings… button
  • Now a new window would pop up, click on LAN Settings. A second window appears, now Tick the Automatically Detect Settings check box, click on OK to close Current window.
  • Then Click on OK to close the second window.

That’s how I fixed “Unable to Connect to Proxy Server” on my Chrome Web Browser.

Comments

• teexzle says

thank you, it worked for me..after following the steps on this link, http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-27352-connects-to-wireless-but-can-t-browse after unistalling the 802/bg….. under the network adapter, i rebooted the system, only for me to start experiencing this error “Unable to Connect to Proxy Server but when i followed the steps as described on your link…IT WORKED!!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE POWER OF GOOGLE.

1. Doc Jeffries says

Thanks for the advice, Oscar. That didn’t work for me but it led me in the right direction. I simple removed the check mark for “Use a Proxy Server” above the option you mentioned…okayed out and closed Chrome. Restarted Chrome and all was working fine! Thanks for the advice! :) Cheers! Jeff

2. Ken says

Resolved it finally by running the following: 1. Enter “CMD” and right click CMD.exe and selected run as administrator: 2. Once in dialog box, after cursor: netsh winsock reset. 3. Ran combofix.exe 4. So far, everything is back to normal at the moment!

3. sarita Samrai says

Hi, just had to let you know it worked. Was tempted to take the laptop back to factory settings. Thank you.

4. alberto says

Hey, when I go to googe chrome settings, and then network, and then the “change proxy settings” bar wont allow me to click on it. Please help, all of my browsers is doing this, cant access the internet

• says

Hi Alberto, There are 2 things that can cause it not to pop up,. 1. Your PC is slow and it would take a longer time than usual to pop up that Change Proxy settings, so you have to be patient. OR 2. Your Chrome browser is corrupt and needs a re-installation. Try these out and let me know what you came up with. Thanks

5. Simbarashe Takawira says

It worked for me after adding one step to what you told us. I unchecked “use automatic configuration script”