How to Root An Android Phone Without a PC

As an Android phone user, you must come across lots of tutorials on How to Root Android Devices. But if you not a tech savvy individual, you might find it a difficult task to follow the whole process of downloading, running patches and others to root your phone.

androot-app

Here is a simple Android Application that would help you Root your Android Phone simply installing and running it, without using a PC. Isn’t this great? Let’s move on to the tutorial.

I bring to you Universal Androot App for Rooting Android phones.

Using Universal AndRoot to Root Android Devices

1. On your Android Device, go to Settings > Applications, click the checkbox Unknown Sources and save.
  2. Download and Install the Universal AndRoot. Get it from HERE.
  3. Launch the Application and then click on Root. (Make sure you select your Version of Android Phone).
  4. Your Android phone would be successfully Rooted

It’s a simple way to Root your Android Device using the Universal AndRoot App.

Here is a List of Android Smartphones Supported by this method of Rooting

• Google Nexus One (2.2)
  • HTC Hero (2.1)
  • HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
  • myTouch 3G 3.5mm/LE (1.6)
  • HTC Tattoo (1.6)
  • Dell Streak (2.1)
  • Motorola XT701
  • Vibo A688 (1.6)
  • Motorola XT800 (2.1)
  • Google G1 (1.6)
  • Motorola ME511
  • Motorola Charm
  • Motorola Milestone (2.1)
  • Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
  • Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
  • Acer Liquid (2.1)
  • Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
  • Samsung Galaxy Beam
  • Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
  • Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
  • LG Ally (2.1)
  • LG GT540 (1.6)
  • Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Here is a link to for Refernce on XDA Forums

I hope you find this Method of Rooting Android Devices Useful. Let us know using the comment box which device you used it on.

Oscar Frank

Oscar is a Blogger, who has the passion to teach others how to make money blogging. Apart from this, his other areas of interest are Wordpress, Web Development and Gadgets. You can connect with him on Facebook, Twitter or Google +

Comments

1. please tell me rooting apps for micromax a52.to root the phone.

2. how do I root tecno n7 pls? tnx

3. How to root tecno d5 txt me pls

4. Using xperia u my mobile not allow mw for click on install

5. Can u plz plz post how to root my spice mi 280. Android version 2.3.5. I will be very grateful.

6. Any info on rooting tecno d5 ics 4.0.4 pls I need real help you can teach me.

• Oscar Frank says:

Hi Chris, If this rooting method didn’t work for your Tecno D5, please let us know, so I can write a tutorial also on that. Thanks.

7. Anonymous says:

Does it works for samsung galaxy gio too?

8. the unniversal root apps on the link is infected, can you fix it sir?. my device is myphone a818, is that compatible w/ that apps?

9. it did nt wrk on tecno n3 it said failed no fu gooo

10. Plz tell the rooting app for micromax a110…..

11. I have huawei ascend y300 would this work for that ? Because it says superuser for 1.0 to 2.0 and huawei ascend had jellybean 4.1?

12. Does not work for samsung galaxy ace s5830.

13. sir oscar how can i root my Lenovo A690 can you help me plss T_T

14. What if it say not running exploit on phone

15. its not working for me on tecno d5. thanks

16. plZ teLl hOw to rOot mY micRomaX bOlT a35 wiThouT comPutEr…

• Oscar Frank says:

Hi Amann, here is a link to a post I just made to root micromax A35 bolt. Hope you find it helpful.

17. Hi sir,pls explain how to root karbonn a3. Thanks.

18. Soullove says:

please help me on tecno d5

19. please i have tecno t3 and tried rootin with boot poot and universal androot but none worked pls i need help

20. lordwundu says:

What of Tecno D5. I want to root it too. which root app should I use that I will not need a pc

21. Suthnbelle says:

I treied the Universal Androot and it doesn’t work on my Galaxy S3 Verizon.. Is there something else u recommend ? Thankd

22. does this work for mytouch 4g?

23. How to root ics 4.0.4

24. jprakashraja says:

Please give me guide lines for rooting, my karbonn A6

25. sir please tell me how to root karbonn a1+ please reply I can’t find it anywhere. I have Android 2.3.6. thanks

26. joseph roel says:

your comment means…this apps doesnt work on 2.3 and above ???

27. joseph roel says:

how can i root my kata idroid v2.3 w/o a computer??

28. This isn’t working on my lg lucid running on 4.0.4 please help!

29. Hi guys, can someone pls help me root my tecno d3 (Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread) any with idear can Whatsapp me on +233244090598. thanks!!

30. how can i root my samsung galaxy Shw-m110s (samsung galaxy S Korea)

31. Sir is this app suitable to root Qmobile noir a10 which is similar to micromax canvas2 also known as a110.If not then tell about any other app.please do reply.

32. brittany says:

Does this work on Samsung infuse

33. sir plz..tell me how to root micromax canvas viva a72..!

34. How can I root Techno d3 android 2.3.5

35. i tried it with tecno D5 but d response was “failed foo”. pls try help us out. D5 comes with android 4.0

36. how to root karbonn a4?

37. rashZibair says:

pls, help us on tecno D5…

38. How to root alcatel one touch 930d and it’s come with Android 4.0 Version

39. can i root my xolo A 500 by this method???

40. igwiloevan@yahoo.com says:

Hoe can i root tecno q1 version 4.0? Thanks

41. Peter jero says:

this didnt work for my samsung galaxy y pro duos. what should i do?

42. please I need help, it cant root my tecno d5. Failed….. Ru

43. My phone SONY ERICSSON Xperia-8 wasn’t listed,can i still go ahead with it?

44. can you pls help me on how to root tecno N7…I will be glad if u can send me the link.

45. suleiman Ridwan says:

sir oskar abet I need tutorial on how to root my tecno d3

46. Plssss help us on tecno d5… Plsss I hav subscribed mtn BIS alredy.. Bt it dosent work again wit d blackberry.net… Pls wat do I do?

47. Plssss help us on tecno d5… Plsss I hav subscribed mtn BIS alredy.. Bt it dosent work again wit d blackberry.net… Pls wat do I do?.

48. Um, is there a root app for latest device? I’m using 4.1.1 JellyBean.

49. I have a Neken N6 Android 4.2.1 smartphone. Would I be able to root it using the above mentioned app?

50. my phone is tecno n7. please can I use the universal androot to root my phone. thanks

51. emmanuel frank says:

Pls sir oscar, tell me hw to root my tecno n3, n hw to upgrade de firmware to 4.1.1 . Anyone wit an idea of dis shuld contact me on +2348097311211 , der’s reward 4 dis. Tnks

52. Mr. Pacific says:

It is not compactible with tecno D5.

53. plzzz sir oscar can u help me root my phone

54. sir d method didn’t work for mah samsung gts5570 2.2.1. version

55. How can I root sony sk17i

56. Will it work 4 my Tmobile g2?

57. It didn’t work on my Samsung galaxy Y pro duos. How can I root it without pc?

58. Rakesh patel says:

How to root karbonn A25 with version 4.0.4

59. it did nt work in my tecno d3 it says fail no fu gooo

60. Amit Sharma says:

Join group KARBONN A6 – DEVELOPMENT AND DISCUSSION to know more about root karbonn A6

61. plz kindly post me the method to root my Inote beyond it 1450. android 2.3.5

62. you have to need a system to root your Techno Q1 [center]REQUIREMENTS[/center] 1. A laptop or desktop. 2.An internet Bundle to download file of 30mb. 3.A Usb cable. And off-course Any 4.o Android Phone. pls this is not app its a hack so I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters. Download any android Debugging app that will letyou install android driver and let your phone connectwith your pc, apps like http://pdanet.co/a or download this http://snappea.en.softonic.com/ used for many purpose like moving all apps toSD Download this file http://www.4shared.com/archive/LXc4l-bT/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v1.html Install theDebugging app and when it prompts you to plug you phone,do it quickly and make sure it installs the drivers. If that is well done close the App on your pc. OPen the root with Restoreyou downloaded extractit to any folder in your pc . Run theRunme.bat file, a commandprompt window will open when it prompts for an option. PRESS 1 and it will continue to executethe task. Then afterthat another window will open in your phone PLEASE ENTER YOUR DEVICE ENCRYPTION PASSWORD BELOW,when you seethat dontmind it ignore it and just click RESTORE MY DATA below and wait for theprocesstofinish. Your device will restart, and if you seethe SUPER SU icon on your apps drawer it means that you had successfullyrooted your phone. GOODLUCK. if you wanna learn more go here [url]http://hdc-galaxy.com/how-to-root-any-chinese-android-running-android-4-0-ics4-1-jb/ [/url ]

63. rajat shrivastava says:

hey can u plz tell me about how to root karbonn a1+ plz?????????

64. plise help me my mobile is Micromax bolt A35. I want to root my divice.plise tell me how to root my divice

65. sir oscar can you help how to root my korean lte fone model pantech sky vega im-a810s current version 4.0.4 the safe method to root step by step if can b root without pc much better i alresdy try dis androot but its failed.. hope u can help me.. just email me tnx sir…in advance

66. How do I root my TECNO L3 as many known method didn’t work it. Thanks.

67. Vipin Sekher says:

Can u please help me how to root my lenovo a60+ smartphone.Please….

68. please tell me how to root xolo a500s (android 4.2.2)

69. how to root my micromax bolt A 35 without pc.plise contac me 09508124215

70. Abhigyan Mukherjee says:

Sir, Please Give a way to root karbonn A10 wthout using PC…

71. Can U tell me this rooting method can cancel my official warrenty.?

72. pls can i root Xperia arc

73. @oscar is there any known way of rooting infinix smart surf(x351)? Pls your reply needed urgently. Tnkz in anticipation

74. please sir Oscar can you tell me how to root Infinix x351? I’ll appreciate any help from you thanks.

75. pls any app to root my lg e400? tanx.

76. Hello Guys, I need to root my Neken N3 it is a chinese smarphone, use Android 4.1 Regards,

77. Shubham Salvi says:

can u plzz tell me how to root KARBONN A3+

78. Hi oscar plz.plz.plz u can tell me how to root karbon a4

79. Rooting process will break your device’s warranty period. You will not be able to able to claim the company warranty on a rooted device. Rooting an android should be done only by experts . But Android gives you so much than user expects Still dont know why people are crazy for Android rooting . earlier this weekend my Friends screen got blank and when he went to service center , he couldnt get warranty due to the same reason

80. How can i root my LG Optimus Dynamic?

81. e dnt wrk 4 me… am usin t-mobile mytouch slide 3g… wat do i do

82. tell me how to root my micromax a87 ninja without pc??

83. onwuka stephen says:

Pls I download unlock root 4 all pro version bt it is askn 4 licensed key pls help me wit d licensed key pls

84. how to root karbonn a7+…….? is above process will done root?

85. please guys how can i root my itel Inote Beyond it1450???? really need it badly

86. how to root my fly f350 without pc

87. bidisha pramanik says:

How to root samsung galaxy S DUOS(GT S7572)

88. Will u plz suggest a easy method to root my htc explorer without pc

89. How can i root Maxx Genxdriod7(2.3.6) without computer? I tried z4root fermaroot and universal root etc.

90. kalaimugilan says:

root an android phone means????? pls tell…………..

91. It works for me. Thank you oscar.

92. how to root my inote beyond 1450 pleeeeeeeeezzzz!!!!…na me serious pass everbody for here abeg oo……help!!

93. Hi sir how about rooting lenovo a690 are those steps are applicable? Thnks

94. please suggest a link to root videoconA24..im not that of a technical person so i would appreciate a simpler method to understand the guide..+ rooting without a pc

95. sir tell me how to root karbonn A7 android 2.3.6

96. Pls I beg u to help wit hw to root my touch3g bcos dis one failed

97. This app root karboon a6

98. please tell me how to root micromax canvas a72

99. Could you please help me in rooting Micromax Unite 2?

100. pls can d information b use on htc wildfire

Trackbacks

1. How To Root An Android Device With A PC Using And Root App says:

[…] Its is very much possible to successfully root your Android device even with the absence of your pc, recently when I was making some research on the web for alternate ways to root an Android device with the absence of ones Personal Computer. I stumbled upon a post written by a fellow blogger of mine here. […]