How to Root An Android Phone Without a PC

As an Android phone user, you must come across lots of tutorials on How to Root Android Devices. But if you not a tech savvy individual, you might find it a difficult task to follow the whole process of downloading, running patches and others to root your phone.

androot-app

Here is a simple Android Application that would help you Root your Android Phone simply installing and running it, without using a PC. Isn’t this great? Let’s move on to the tutorial.

I bring to you Universal Androot App for Rooting Android phones.

Using Universal AndRoot to Root Android Devices

1. On your Android Device, go to Settings > Applications, click the checkbox Unknown Sources and save.
  2. Download and Install the Universal AndRoot. Get it from HERE.
  3. Launch the Application and then click on Root. (Make sure you select your Version of Android Phone).
  4. Your Android phone would be successfully Rooted

It’s a simple way to Root your Android Device using the Universal AndRoot App.

Here is a List of Android Smartphones Supported by this method of Rooting

• Google Nexus One (2.2)
  • HTC Hero (2.1)
  • HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
  • myTouch 3G 3.5mm/LE (1.6)
  • HTC Tattoo (1.6)
  • Dell Streak (2.1)
  • Motorola XT701
  • Vibo A688 (1.6)
  • Motorola XT800 (2.1)
  • Google G1 (1.6)
  • Motorola ME511
  • Motorola Charm
  • Motorola Milestone (2.1)
  • Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
  • Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
  • Acer Liquid (2.1)
  • Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
  • Samsung Galaxy Beam
  • Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
  • Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
  • LG Ally (2.1)
  • LG GT540 (1.6)
  • Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Here is a link to for Refernce on XDA Forums

I hope you find this Method of Rooting Android Devices Useful. Let us know using the comment box which device you used it on.

Comments

1. bijay says

Can u plz plz post how to root my spice mi 280. Android version 2.3.5. I will be very grateful.

2. says

the unniversal root apps on the link is infected, can you fix it sir?. my device is myphone a818, is that compatible w/ that apps?

3. jabbar says

I have huawei ascend y300 would this work for that ? Because it says superuser for 1.0 to 2.0 and huawei ascend had jellybean 4.1?

4. lordwundu says

What of Tecno D5. I want to root it too. which root app should I use that I will not need a pc

5. Suthnbelle says

I treied the Universal Androot and it doesn’t work on my Galaxy S3 Verizon.. Is there something else u recommend ? Thankd

6. rakesh says

sir please tell me how to root karbonn a1+ please reply I can’t find it anywhere. I have Android 2.3.6. thanks

7. Arslan says

Sir is this app suitable to root Qmobile noir a10 which is similar to micromax canvas2 also known as a110.If not then tell about any other app.please do reply.

8. daniel says

i tried it with tecno D5 but d response was “failed foo”. pls try help us out. D5 comes with android 4.0

9. Klassik says

10. Klassik says

Plssss help us on tecno d5… Plsss I hav subscribed mtn BIS alredy.. Bt it dosent work again wit d blackberry.net… Pls wat do I do?.

11. emmanuel frank says

Pls sir oscar, tell me hw to root my tecno n3, n hw to upgrade de firmware to 4.1.1 . Anyone wit an idea of dis shuld contact me on +2348097311211 , der’s reward 4 dis. Tnks

12. ekenakema says

you have to need a system to root your Techno Q1 [center]REQUIREMENTS[/center] 1. A laptop or desktop. 2.An internet Bundle to download file of 30mb. 3.A Usb cable. And off-course Any 4.o Android Phone. pls this is not app its a hack so I am not responsible for any damages or problems your device encounters. Download any android Debugging app that will letyou install android driver and let your phone connectwith your pc, apps like http://pdanet.co/a or download this http://snappea.en.softonic.com/ used for many purpose like moving all apps toSD Download this file http://www.4shared.com/archive/LXc4l-bT/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v1.html Install theDebugging app and when it prompts you to plug you phone,do it quickly and make sure it installs the drivers. If that is well done close the App on your pc. OPen the root with Restoreyou downloaded extractit to any folder in your pc . Run theRunme.bat file, a commandprompt window will open when it prompts for an option. PRESS 1 and it will continue to executethe task. Then afterthat another window will open in your phone PLEASE ENTER YOUR DEVICE ENCRYPTION PASSWORD BELOW,when you seethat dontmind it ignore it and just click RESTORE MY DATA below and wait for theprocesstofinish. Your device will restart, and if you seethe SUPER SU icon on your apps drawer it means that you had successfullyrooted your phone. GOODLUCK. if you wanna learn more go here [url]http://hdc-galaxy.com/how-to-root-any-chinese-android-running-android-4-0-ics4-1-jb/ [/url ]

13. jomar says

sir oscar can you help how to root my korean lte fone model pantech sky vega im-a810s current version 4.0.4 the safe method to root step by step if can b root without pc much better i alresdy try dis androot but its failed.. hope u can help me.. just email me tnx sir…in advance

14. frank says

@oscar is there any known way of rooting infinix smart surf(x351)? Pls your reply needed urgently. Tnkz in anticipation

15. says

Rooting process will break your device’s warranty period. You will not be able to able to claim the company warranty on a rooted device. Rooting an android should be done only by experts . But Android gives you so much than user expects Still dont know why people are crazy for Android rooting . earlier this weekend my Friends screen got blank and when he went to service center , he couldnt get warranty due to the same reason

16. onwuka stephen says

Pls I download unlock root 4 all pro version bt it is askn 4 licensed key pls help me wit d licensed key pls

17. ren says

please suggest a link to root videoconA24..im not that of a technical person so i would appreciate a simpler method to understand the guide..+ rooting without a pc

Trackbacks

1. […] Its is very much possible to successfully root your Android device even with the absence of your pc, recently when I was making some research on the web for alternate ways to root an Android device with the absence of ones Personal Computer. I stumbled upon a post written by a fellow blogger of mine here. […]