I made this post as a result of requests by members of my forum (www.9jaboys.com) asking me to teach them how to hack their Symbian phones.
Hacking of symbian phones help you to run applications which you mobile would not accept without hacking either because of certificate or other related issues.
However a new Symbian hacking method was developed lately this year (around September 2011) and it is extremely easy to use(no flashing or custom uda required thus no risk of dead phone). Actually this method utilizes the all capability (system read/write access) credentials of an Antivirus app (Dr.Web etc) to copy the three .ldd files (ROM Patcher driver files) inside C:/sys /bin folder.
Follow the steps accordingly and get your symbian phone hacked in a twinkle of an eye. lol
1. If when you open your explore application and your memory card shwos as “E:/” , then download this file (HERE), However, if shows as “F:/ ” drive in newer phones like N8) then download this zip file (HERE). Remember that the zip file MUST be chosen according to the phone (whether memory card is “E” or “F” drive in your phone).
2. Extract using your PC the zip file which you downloaded and open the folder named “Private ” (that is inside the archive). Copy the entire folder “20024113 ” (that is inside “Private”).
3. Connect the phone with PC (using data cable) in ” Mass Storage Mode “. Make sure that DO NOT connect the phone in Nokia PC Suite mode and please do make sure that neither Nokia PC Suite nor Ovi Suite is running when you connect the phone with PC (because the system folders can’t be accessed using these modes). Alternatively you may also connect the Memory card with PC via a card reader.
4. Now go to My Computer and open memory card connected to PC (that is your memory card you want to use and hack your phone and not mass memory in new phones). Now find and open the ” Private” folder and paste the above copied “20024113” folder inside it. Now disconnect the phone (or memory card) from PC. If you don’t see the “Private” folder in memory card, it means your PC isn’t showing hidden items, simply enable the “Show hidden and System files” option in your PC.
5. Download Dr. Web Anti-virus app HERE and install it (select Memory card as the installation location). Follow this steps carefully. Run Dr. Web app from menu (cancel the warning) and go to ” Options/ Quarantine “. Select all three files in Quarantine via “Options/Select All”. Now select ” Options/Restore “. Exit Dr.Web
6. Download ROMPatcher+(signed) HERE and install it in the phone. Launch ROMPatcher from menu and go to “Options/All Patches/Apply “. On selecting “Apply” the installed patches will become activated.
Wow! Your phone is now hacked and you can install any unsigned app and also have full access to system folders (read/write to sys/private) using your X-plore application and file managers e.t.c. No need for those old certificate/ key.
Note: This method is applicable to all Symbian 3rd, 5th ed and Symbian^3 (Anna, Belle? whatever) phones. You can uninstall the Dr. Web application after the whole process is over.
In older Nokia E series phones, this above method seems not to work as good as in newer 5th ed and Symbian^3 devices. My possible suggestions to this are –
1. Format/hard reset the phone using *#7370 or *#7780# and try again
2. Update the phone to the latest available firmware and then try the hacking method again
3. Or simply try other hacking methods.
NOTE THIS: If your phone still gives error while you try installing unsigned applications after successfully applying the above hack, (or a red cross appears in ROM Patcher on applying the patch), simply download this file (HACKED INSTALL SERVERS for S60) and extract the contents now select and copy the correct ” installserver.exe ” (according to your phone) and paste in phone’s C:/sys/ bin folder (use X-plore to do this). Restart the phone and done.
Remember; DO NOT apply the installserver patch in ROM Patcher after placing this hacked installserver in C:/sys/ bin. Happy H@cking