The loading time of a blog or website has a great effect in SEO’s prospective and traffic. It is a sure fact that your blog visitors don’t like sites that are slow in loading their desired information, they tend to press back and move to another site to get the information. So its important you take serious action on your blog load time in other to reduce your blogs bounce rate and increase user engagements.
The load time of your blog plays an important role in major Search Engine Ranking Position (SERP) e.g Google, and also affect the earnings and reputation of your blog.
In other to prevent these, here are 5 surefire tips to reduce the load time of your blog:
2. Always Give Resolutions To Images On Posts
When updating your blog always give resolution i.e height and width to the images you want to use in your post. One thing i’ve noticed is that high resolution images slows down your visitors web browsers. Also the same thing applies to using images as a background for your blog. To add resolution to images use img tag and format below.
<img alt=”” src=”URL OF IMAGE” width=”” height=”” />
- Must Read: 5 Blogging Mistakes To Avoid
3. Limit The Number Of Advertisements On Your Blog
- Must Read: 20 Ways To Make Money Blogging
4. Limit The Number Of post At Homepage
I recommend you have only 5 posts on your blog homepage because too much posts at the homepage will slow down your blogs loading time. Its also advisable to add Read More links and blog excerpts to summarize blog post at homepage in other to improve blog load time.
5. Reduce The Number Of Widgets And Social Media Buttons
Widgets and social media button are essential in any blog because they help in increasing traffic to your blog but too many social media buttons and unnecessary widgets can slow down your blog. Use the important social media button to share your posts while the unnecessary once should be removed.
- Must Read: 7 Must Have Widgets for Bloggers
- Beautiful Floating Vertical Share Buttons for Blogger
- Adding Share Buttons To WordPress Without Plugin
How To Check Your Blog’s Load Time
Here is a tool to check your blog’s load time below. Visit the link and follow the instructions.
– Visit Pingdom Tools
– Click the above link and enter your blog address, then select Test Now.
Feel free to drop your own views or tip on how to reduce blog load time through comments.