Google Adsense, despite it’s multiple ban on bloggers recently including on this blog without any clear reason, still remains the best way of monetizing your blog as long as CPC Ads are concerned for most bloggers.
Due to this fact, it was announced earlier last year that Google developers released a tool to easily track your Adsense earnings and Ad zones more easily from the confines of your browser without having to log in and and out your Adsense account in a browser window. The Adsense Publisher Toolbar is the tool for this purpose.
The Adsense Publisher Toolbar is a Google Chrome Extension that ads an Adsense Toolbar on your browser to show your earnings and also an overlay on your Ads to display your Ad unit performances.
Here is a quote from the Adsense Official News Blog
When viewing your website, this feature will show you a snapshot of your AdSense account performance as a widget in the corner of your browser window. It also includes ad overlays that describe the recent performance of specific ad units, and gives you the option to access AdSense directly.
Here is a view of the Toolbar when viewing your Adsense earnings
Here is what the overlay on Ad units look like
I hope you understand the concept and usage of this Extension stated above. If you do, now let’s move over to how you can install the Chrome Toolbar on your browser
How To Install AdSense Publisher Toolbar In Chrome
The Google Adsense Publisher Toolbar as earlier said is a Google Chrome browser Extension and can only be installed on this browser, the Mozilla Ad On, and Internet Explorer are not yet out and I don’t think there are plans towards that.
Now, back to how to install it on your chrome browser.
- Visit the Adsense Publisher Toolbar Extension Page and click on the Add to Chrome button.
- After the download process (Adding to chrome), a dialogue box would appear with an option to install. Click on Install to associate the Toolbar with your chrome browser.
- Now, the chrome Adsense toolbar would appear at the top right conner of your browser (to the right of the address bar). You can now click on the AdSense Publisher Toolbar icon.
- Another dialogue popup would appear, click Allow to grant the AdSense Publisher Toolbar access to your account.
- Safely Sign in to the Google Account that is associated with your Google AdSense publisher account.
- Then click on the Grant access button.
- Your Toolbar is now ready.
- To activate the Ads overlays option which is used to track your Ads Units performance, when you are on your site, click on the toolbar icon and grant permissions to that also.
It’s that simple to add the Adsense Publishers Toolbar extension to your Google Chrome Browser. You can now view your earnings as shown in the first image above by simple clicking on the Adsense Toolbar icon. Isn’t it great?
Feel free to share your views about the Adsense Publisher Toolbar using the comment box.