After lots of question from the MTN network subscribers asking me several questions concerning the MTN Share and Sell program, I decided to write a detailed blog post on the MTN Share and Sell, what it is all about, how to transfer credit with this program, the default pin and how to change your PIN on MTN share and sell.
Let me firstly introduce the MTN Share and Sell for a better understanding.
What is MTN Share and Sell
According to the MTN website;
Share ‘n Sell is an MTN service you can use to send credit from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ account. With Share ‘n Sell, you can keep your family and friends topped up and connected! In addition, transferring credit using Share ‘n Sell is FREE.
From the above paragraph, it should be obvious to you that the MTN share and sell is a simple MTN service you can use in transferring credit between two or more MTN sim cards/lines at a Free cost. You might want to know who is eligible for MTN share and sell? It is open to everyone using the MTN network for free.
What Is MTN Share and Sell Default PIN?
The MTN Share and Sell default PIN is 0000. That is to say zeros into four places.
How To Change Your MTN Share and Sell PIN
For security purposes, it is quite necessary you change your default PIN to something secured and unique which you can easily remember. It would help keep you secured from people who might want to steal your credits because the default PIN is quick easy to remember. If you do not know how to create strong passwords, read the article from the link below.
- Must Read: How To Create Strong And Secured Passwords
There are two ways to change the PIN. Via SMS and via a USSD code. Firstly let me give you the SMS method.
- You can change your PIN at anytime by sending an SMS with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
Secondly, here is how to change MTN share and sell PIN via USSD code
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *601*default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *601*0000*1234*1234#and then send/ok
How To Transfer MTN Credit
There are also two approaches to this. Firstly the SMS and secondly the USSD method.
Let me guide you through this two ways to transfer MTN credit.
- You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at anytime by sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777
Here is how to transfer MTN credit from one SIM to another using USSD code
- You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example dial *600*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/ok.
Now, this is all about the MTN Share and Sell, how to transfer credit, how to change the MTN default PIN and all about the MTN share and Sell. Please share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.