It all happened on the 23rd of July 2013 when an idea hit me hard, and guess what, it was Aggressive Blogging. I had to put up a self challenge of making two quality blog posts daily for a period of 30 days. I informed you my faithful readers on my self aggressive blogging challenge (If you missed it, here is the link to the article: My 30 Days Aggressive Blogging Challenge).
I was out to try something new in order to increase my blog traffic and earning. Though I quite expected it to bring about an increase in traffic, the result I received was really impressive and I’ll share with you the little secrets behind this huge success.
Traffic Results After Aggressive Blogging
- General Blog Traffic Increase : 68%
- Search Engine Traffic Increase : 89%
- Referral Traffic Increase : 48%
- Direct Traffic Increase : 54%
Things I Did
1. Blog Consistently: From the previous blog post I made concerning the challenge, I was supposed to come up with 60 articles for the 30 days, but due to some circumstances beyond my control I skipped two days and this resulted in the total of 56 blog posts for the 30 days aggressive blogging challenge. Getting the content Ideas where not difficult in anyway, there are quite a lot of places to get blog content ideas and this really helped me.
- Must Read: How To Overcome Writer’s Block As A Blogger
2. Post Promotion: I only promoted the articles on my three social media accounts; Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Also, people shared the articles on their social media accounts and that also helped in building up Referral Traffic.
- Must Read: How To Make Your Blog Stand Out Of The Crowd
3. Guest Posting On Other Blogs: Guest blogging is a great idea to gain exposure to your blog, but due to my tight schedules and also having much work to do on my blog (In terms of writing), I was able to write only 3 guest posts on other niche related blogs. Though I never had a major spike in traffic due to referrals, but I sure do believe it gave my blog exposure to a new audience.
- Must Read: Benefits Of Guest Blogging
Things I Did Wrong
1. Post Promotion: Before this challenge, whenever I make a new blog post I usually shared it across wider bloggers communities such as JustRetweet, Bizsugar, ScoopIt, Google Plus Communities and Facebook groups. But during this Aggressive blogging period, I couldn’t promote my blog articles across these communities because I had to spend more time writing quality content. If I had promoted these articles as usual, I sure bet I would have gotten a better result in terms of blog exposure, traffic and earning. Anyway, that’s a lesson learnt the hard way, and I hope you learn from my mistake.
2. Keyword Research: I actually didn’t do enough keyword research in the challenge, I actually should have worked more on long tail keywords rather than go for competitive ones. Next time, i’ll make use of programs such as Market Samurai or Long Tail pro for my keyword research while working on such challenges.
Other Benefits Of The Aggressive Blogging Challenge To This Blog
1. Social Circles and Followers: We had quite a good number of new subscribers and fans and below is the metrics
- Facebook: From 1272 to 1350 (78 New Fans)
- Twitter: 1464 to 1471 (5 New Followers)
- Email Subscribers: (147 new subscribers), despite no Ebook in form of a bait.
2. Alexa Ranking Boost: Before I got into the challenge, this blog was ranked 62,000 worldwide , but after the challenge, it has a rank of 51,000 worldwide.
3. Exposure to a larger audience
4. Ranking for multiple keywords
Conclusion & Lessons Learned
It is quite obvious that Aggressive Blogging can boost your blog traffic in a tremendous way if done properly. Next time i’ll be going on such a challenge, Guest Blogging and Post promotion would be on the top list of things to achieve. You can try this challenge on your own, maybe for a week and watch the magic it performs for your blog traffic.
I hope you do not miss the next challenge coming up soon on this blog, it would be another Aggressive Blogging Challenge (though in a new style), and 30 guest posts of 30 blogs all within a period of 30 days.
I hope you find this article helpful. Your comments are highly welcome. Cheers!