With the rate at which mobiles access the net, it is no news that every wordpress user has to make their wordpress blog mobile friendly either by the use of mobile responsive wordpress designs or by the usage of plugins that would easily revert your visitors to a mobile version of your wordpress blog.
Today, I decided to make a guide on how you can easily build a customized mobile version for your wordpress blog using Carrington mobile theme. Though I’ve been a huge fan of the mobilepress plugin as that’s what I’m currently running on this blog, I still find it necessary to point a guide that would guide Carrington mobile lovers install and use the mobile pack theme for their wordpress websites.
Installing Carrington Mobile In WordPress
Don’t worry, we won’t be messing around with codes as you can easily install and activate the Carrington theme from your wordpress dashboard following the given steps below. Firstly you have to download the Carrington mobile theme from here.
1. Login to your wordpress dashboard. On the left sidebar, go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload . A new page would load where you can upload the theme you downloaded earlier.
2. Upload and install the theme, but DO NOT ACTIVATE it.
3. Now, you have to install a plugin known as WPMS Mobile Edition from the WordPress repository and activate this plugin.
- Must Read: How To Install A WordPress Plugin
4. Go to Appearance > Mobile and make your desired settings as suits you and click on Save Changes.
Hurray! You have successfully installed and activated the Carrington Mobile theme for your wordpress blog. You can now check your blog on mobile devices to see what the theme looks like.