WordPress mad it know to their followers on twitter this morning that the fourth and likely final beta for WordPress 4.0 is now available with more than 250 changes in the past month which include
- Further improvements to the editor scrolling experience, especially when it comes to the second column of boxes.
- Better handling of small screens in the media library modals.
- A separate bulk selection mode for the media library grid view.
- Improvements to the installation language selector.
- Visual tweaks to plugin details and customizer panels.
- Here is the original tweet.
WordPress 4.0 Beta 4 is now available! Please test: http://t.co/NadbfRa0j2
— WordPress (@WordPress) August 15, 2014
Note that this software is still in development, so I won’t recommend you run it on a production site. You might want to consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version and report bugs you discover in this version. You can get a copy of the beta zip archive here.
We should be expecting the official release of the WordPress 4.0 this month according to reports from the WP portal.