You are here probably because you want to change the name your facebook fanpage that has above 200+ likes, some people say it’s not possible. This post was written to let you know how you’ll be able to change your fanpage that have over 200 likes.
At the end of this post I guess you’ll be able to do this yourself without the help of anybody, some friends of mine render this service and get some bucks from it, you too can get some bucks rendering this service.
It’s Okay! Here I’ll show you how I requested for a change of name on a facebook fanpage, and it was done within 14 days. Lets see….
Make sure you follow the below steps to get this done. If the steps are being followed correctly probably within 24 hours you’ll recieve a mail from facebook support in respect to the name change request. Then facebook would have to review your application.
It’s quite unfortunate that Nigeria is among those countries that are not been allowed to access this feature, If your country is blicklisted too, quickly follow the below steps before we proceed.
Firefox Browser Users:
You’ll have to download and install anonymous addon you can do that here. If you’ve installed it, you’ll see another tab at the top-right corner of your screen showing your ip address, simply click on the big X and mark Active and you are good to go. But if you find out that it is showing other countries ip address rather than US, simply click the X again and select any US IP.
Search for a US ip address on Google, after you must have found it, go to Settings > Show advanced settings… > Network > Change Proxy Settings.
Either browser you are using, once you have completed this step and changed your ip to a US ip quickly restart your browser.
NOTE: If you don’t reside in a non-blacklisted country please skip the above step
- A utility bill (well scaned or sharp snap). Nigerians can use Nepa Bill
How To Rename Your Facebook Fanpage With Over 200+ Likes
- Login your facebook account that is an admin on the page you wish to rename
- Goto ther page you wish to rename by clicking on the facebook page at the side bar or search for ther page through the facebook search feature
- If you’ve found the page, click on Settings > Page Info.
- Then change page category to Local Business and save.
- Click on Address and change it to match with the address on the utility bill.
- after you must have saved your address, click on Name > Request Change, A new page will open in another window, then tick “I understand the formatting guidelines for my page’s new name”. A drop-down menu will appear, select what Your Page Name Currently Represents.
- Now click the box that says “I would still like to change my page name. I have documentation to demonstrate this change”.
- Type in your desired name in the Desired Page Name box.
- Now choose the reason why you want to change your page name.
It’s preferable you select I am rebranding my page as the reason why you want to change your page name. Because if you don’t select the best reason for renaming your page name, your application may not be given due consideration or approved, it can also cause delay in renaming the page.
- Now it’s time to upload your Utility bill (Nepa bill). After successfully uploading, tick the two boxes below and Send.
Wow! You have done it all, within a few minutes you’ll receive a mail from Facebook support team in respect to your request to change page’s name.
An approval mail will be sent to you in two-three days time so that you can check your approval status. In this email, you’ll also be told when your page name changes would take effect.
How did yours go was there any error on the long run let us know.