A commercial bank basically is any authorized financial institution, authorized by a governing body (for instance Central Bank of Nigeria) to accept money in forms of deposits and also lend money to individuals. In this post, I’ll be listing the complete names of commercial banks authorized by CBN in Nigeria.
Are you in search of a bank to make deposits of your money or get loans from? Here is an updated list of commercial banks in Nigeria.
- Access Bank – Acquired Intercontinental Bank
- Diamond Bank
- Ecobank Nigeria – Acquired Oceanic Bank
- Enterprise Bank Limited – Formerly Spring Bank
- Fidelity Bank Nigeria
- First Bank of Nigeria
- First City Monument Bank – Acquired FinBank
- FSDH Merchant Bank – Merchant Bank
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- Heritage Bank Plc.
- Keystone Bank Limited – Formerly Bank PHB
- Mainstreet Bank Limited – Formerly Afribank (Acquired by Skye Bank Plc)
- Rand Merchant Bank – Merchant bank
- Savannah Bank
- Skye Bank
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Sterling Bank – Acquired Equitorial Trust Bank
- Union Bank of Nigeria – Owned By Union Global Partners Limited
- United Bank for Africa
- Unity Bank Plc.
- Wema Bank
- Zenith Bank
I hope you find this list of Nigerian commercial banks helpful. Do let me know if I missed out on any. Cheers!