Ever wanted to show your friends on Facebook what you are doing or seeing at a particular time? Facebook has finally resolved to make the new live video feature available to everyone. Just like the Periscope on Twitter, the live video feature on Facebook allows you to broadcast your videos on the go – whether you’re visiting a new place, cooking your favorite food, or just want to share some thoughts.
No matter where you are, Live lets you bring your friends and family right next to you to experience what’s happening together. Business folks may also take advantage of this to organize online training via Facebook.
The live video feature on Facebook was unveiled in December 2015 but only made available to few people in the USA. But this time, Facebook has said all is set to make the feature available to all Facebook users.
How To Use the Live Video Feature on Facebook
- To find the new feature, tap on “what are you up to?” at the top of your screen. Then, tap “write”
- At the bottom of the status update window – alongside the photo, tag, and emoji icons – is an icon which is the silhouette of a person with two waves surrounding their head.
- This brings up the title page for your video, asking you to add a title and choose which friends can and can’t SEE it
- After hitting ‘go live’, you’re broadcasting to your friends. A counter in the top-left of the screen shows how many people are viewing your feed.
- When you tap the button to end the broadcast, a video of your stream is posted to your Facebook PROFILE.
Please note that until this feature is fully available in your country you may not be able to use it but not to worry, Facebook is making it available to everyone pretty soon.