I learnt this cool way of running android apps or games on windows mobile smartphone some days ago but couldn’t think of writing a tutorial on it until I made sure I used it on the device for some time to be very sure.
Although it is sad to say that this feature is currently not available on all Windows devices, so I will quickly list the devices it is currently supported on:
* Nokia Lumia 930
* Nokia Lumia 1020
* Nokia Lumia 1520
* Nokia Lumia 635
* Nokia Lumia 730
* Nokia Lumia 820
* Nokia Lumia 535
* Nokia Lumia 929
* Nokia Lumia 920
* Nokia Lumia 925
Latest build of Windows 10 for Desktop / PC and Windows 10 Mobile Preview.
1. After downloading the above applications just unzip them to a separate folder.
2. Now install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe from wconnect folder.
3. From the home screen, go to settings, then update and security then Developers. Enable developers mode and while you are at it turn on device discovery.
4. Then from Wconnect folder open Command Window. Here is how to do it, go to the folder and press Shift key right click. After that is done, the phone needs to be connected, and this can be done in two ways although USB method is recommended.
a. If you connect via USB, type wconnect.exe usb and hit enter.
b. If you connect via Wi-Fi, type wconnect.exe 192.168.xxx.xxx (replace 192.168.xxx.xxx with your Network IP Address). Once that is done, input the paring code.
5. After this is done, navigate to the previously extracted ADB folder and open an elevated command prompt. Then type adb device to show you a list of devices that are connected then check to see if yours is among them.
6. Finally, paste the APK file that you want to install on the same directory (adb folder) and type in adb install APKNAME.apk (replace APKNAME with the APK file’s name)
7. Relax for a couple of minutes so the app refreshes, then you should be able to install the Android app on your Windows 10 device.
I hope you got the tutorial? Having difficulties? The comment box is just right below. Cheers!