Videos are part of our lives. They reserve memories for us in motion. The social media is not an exception in using videos to pass across messages. As it relates to Facebook, users can share videos with friends or on their pages/groups.
Facebook had enabled video auto play feature. This means that videos shared by your friends can automatically start playing as soon as you hover on them with the cursor. This may sound cool but to others it can be very annoying. For example, if you have slow Internet connection or just trying to conserve data.
In this post I will show you few steps to turn off the video autoplay feature on Facebook. If you are ready, let’s go.
TURN OFF AUTO -PLAY FACEBOOK VIDEOS ON DESKTOP
- First of all Login into your Facebook account
- Click on dropdown menu and Go to Settings.
- Now in Genral Settings click on Videos to open videos option.
- On Video Settings Page, you will see dropdown menu under the Auto-Play Videos, Select Off and you are done.
TURN OFF AUTO -PLAY FACEBOOK VIDEOS ON MOBILE IPHONE
- First Open Facebook App in your device, Click on More Icon in Facebook App.
- Go to Account Settings .
- In Account Settings go to Videos and Photos . In Videos and Photos go to Auto-Play .
- In Auto-Play Settings you can manage how you want to play videos. Choose Never Play Videos or On WiFi Connection Only .
That’s it, you can now play videos only when you chose. Sounds cool huh? whats your say?