Tecno Camon C8 is one of the most sold Tecno smartphones. In effect to that, this tutorial will be handy for a lot of people. A lot of tecno Camon C8 users like I am, have been waiting in anticipation for the arrival of marshmallow on their device. Here I will give you two (2) methods which you can use to upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Marshmallow.
Here I will show you how to make the upgrade via OTA (Over the Air) and the Manual Method, but before we proceed to the tutorial, you should make sure your device is not rooted to avoid bootloop issues or brick. You can check if your android phone is rooted or not here.
If you are not techy, I’ll advice you use the OTA (Over the Air) method, because it’s safer for you. But in a case where your device hasn’t gotten an update for that yet, you can use the manual method. Let’s go straight to the tutorial without wasting time.
Upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Via OTA (Over the Air) Method
You must have a speedy network connection
Go to Settings >> About >> tap System Updates.
Proceed to download the update when asked to.
Upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Using The Manual Method
- Download the Android 6.0 marshmallow update for Tecno Canon C8 here.
- Transfer the downloaded file “Tcard_update_20160415” to the root of your SD card. Don’t transfer to any folder, just copy/move to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your Camon c8.
- Now on your device using these buttons. hold Power + Volume Up button till you get to the startup logo, then you’ll get to android logo after releasing the power.
- Once you’ve gotten to the android logo, simply press volume up button and you’ll get to the next interface.
- Use the volume down button to scroll to “Apply update from SD card” and use the power button to select the option.
- Select “Tcard_update_20160415” and use the power button to enter selection.
- Installation would proceed immediately. This will take about 5 mins, after installation, reboot your camon c8 device.
Congratulations, your Tecno Camon C8 has been upgraded you can now enjoy the Android 6.0 marshmallow update along with HiOS.
Disclaimer: This guide is published by TechRibs for helping purpose. In no aspect will we be held responsible for any loss or damage to your device.