All Samsung fans like me using the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge by now should probably be waiting for a sure guide to root their devices. Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge being one of the best out there in the market will truly be the beast you’ve been waiting for after rooting.
Still on that, we’ve been waiting in anticipation for chainfire to release CF-auto root for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices, and now it’s here, you can now root your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge without fear or worries in just no time as the CF-Auto root method doesn’t require any long process and is also risk free.
The CF-auto root is recommended for Samsung devices as it has proven to be the best method for rooting Samsung devices. Your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge should be running on the latest Android 6.0.1 marshmallow firmware which is touchwiz based for you to use this root file.
How to Root Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with CF Auto Root
I will like you to know that this tutorial will only work for this variants of this phones (Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F), it is therefore advisable that you check the variant of your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge devices before you continue, else we (oscarmini.com) won’t be held responsible for whatsoever damage or error that you encounter.
I assume that by now you have taken note of your device variant. You can now proceed to download the specific CF auto root file for your device below
Make sure you have an active Samsung USB driver on your system, if you do not have, you can as well download from the above link. If you’ve done that, continue with the steps below.
- Extract all the files from the CF Auto root folder to your desktop menu.
- Make sure you have downloaded the Samsungusb drivers and installed it on your computer.
- Locate Odin.exe among the list of files, simply launch the Odin program and ticks “AP”, then click on the AP button, locate the CF auto root file in .tar.md5 format which is also among the list of file you extracted to your desktop menu .– See image below.
- Turn off your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge device, and boot it to download mode. To boot to download mode, hold home + power + volume down keys together, and your device will boot to download mode.
- Once your device gets todownload mode, quickly connect your device to your computer using a USB cable, just immediately the ID:COM box on Odin would turn blue meaning that your device is ready to download the root file.
- Now click on the start button onOdin and the root file would be downloaded on your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
Confirm! Your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge has been rooted, simply verify if it has truly been root here. If you encounter any issue while following this guide, please do not hesitate to let us know using the comment box below, and we will be glad to help you out. Make sure you share this guide it might be of help to a friend out there.