If you have several applications on your Android phone that are repeatedly disturbing you with notifications, you can easily disable the notifications and get rid of notification content from your lock screen. bDeactivating notifications on Android phones is simple and it can be done on a per-app basis. Phone owners can now silence pesky applications without stopping notifications from more useful ones that they fancy. Jumping right into it, let’s discuss How to Turn off Notifications for Individual Apps on Android:
To begin, identify the application you intend to disable notifications for. The simple way to start the process is by locating the app on your Android phone’s home screen or in the app drawer. When you see the app, adhere to these instructions:
- Click and hold the icon of the application you wish to block until a pop-up menu is visible.
- From the pop-up menu, click “App info” or the information symbol (this might be visible as a lower-case “i” inside of a circle). This will lead you to a fresh settings menu for the app.
- Click either Notifications or App Notifications. This will show you a final page for personalizing the apps notifications settings.
- On this final page, the available notification options for the app will be visible. Click “Show notifications” at the top of the page to turn off all notifications, or click individual notifications types to deactivate.
How To Stop Notifications From Apps You Cannot Identify?
If you are always receiving notifications from an app, but struggle to discover which application is sending them, the guidelines above might not assist you.
This can be the case if the app is showing ads as notifications that do not draw a clear connection between the app and the notification.
Must Read: How To Use Android Without Google Services
To disable notifications, in this case, you have to hold on until one of the troublesome applications pops up. When a notification is visible, adhere to these instructions:
- Pull down from the top of your display to access the notification drop-down shade.
- Click and hold the notification you want to turn off.
- As you are holding, scroll slightly to the left, but not too far so you do not dismiss the notification.
- Click the gear icon that will be seen and you will be shown a toggle for that notification.
- The notification should be toggled off by you and you will no longer view notifications of that type.
- To make sure all notifications types from the app are blocked, click “More Settings” to view all the notification options for the application.
- From here, disable all notifications or disable only the notification types you want to stop receiving.
How Can I Deactivate Lock-Screen Notifications?
If you want to keep receiving notifications from your apps, but wish to prevent them from showing on the lock screen of your phone, the process is identical to deactivating an application’s notifications.
- Head to Settings > Apps & notifications.
- Swipe down and click Notifications > On the lock screen.
- To prevent all notifications on the lock screen, click “Don’t show notifications at all.” You can click “Hide sensitive notification content” to hide the content of the notifications.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to turn off notifications on Android. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.