Your friends are suddenly 30 years older. Or at least that is what it looks like on social media. This is as a result of a new challenge that makes you appear really old. It has been tagged the #AgeChallenge and it can be done using the FaceApp on any smartphone. The deal is you supply a picture of yourself and the application makes use of AI to pattern how you age. Even if FaceApp will not tamper with your hair, it will wrinkle your forehead, make your eyes appear like that of an elderly person and even add major skin around your chin. However, before you join in the fun, you need to know something. In this article, we explore a comprehensive tutorial, on how to do FaceApp challenge
A few phone users are bothered that FaceApp’s privacy clause allows the company to use your pictures after you upload them to the company’s servers. But security researchers have said that FaceApp does not transfer pictures of your face to Russia, where FaceApp’s headquarters is headquarters for improper use.
Must Read: 10 Best Funny Faces Apps for Android
The researchers discovered that just the original photos you upload will only head to the company’s server to create the aged version of yourself and no malicious findings have been noticed. This is all you have to do if you wish to make yourself appear older:
How Can I Use FaceApp?
- Download FaceApp for your iPhone or Android device.
- You can upload a picture from your camera roll or snap a new picture from the application. You will need to grant the app permission to access your camera or pictures.
- You can just disable these permissions later.
Immediately you select the photo, swipe to the right and click Age.
- The options for your age are Original, Young, Young 2 and Old. Choose Old and you will witness yourself age almost immediately. If you select “Young,” you will witness yourself appear with a smoother-looking skin.
- Click “Apply.” If you wish for your original and old age photos to display side by side, click Layouts and choose Duo. Then click “Old.”
- To share your picture on social media, click the down arrow in FaceApp’s top right corner.
- Choose Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform of your choice to share with your friends.
Must Read: 10 Best Free Face Swap Apps For Android
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to do the FaceApp challenge, if you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.