On various OnePlus devices, you will see a feature named Zen Mode. Like the name hints, OnePlus Zen Mode is meant to help you drop your phone and concentrate on the real world for a while. Which is very important if you ask me. But how do you go about using it? It is simple. It will lock you out of your device for a particular period of time. Your device will be turned on and there will still be some functions that can be used by you, however, overall, your device will be rendered inoperable
If you are the type of person that finds it difficult to abandon your phone and concentrate on your daily life with other humans, or if you feel it is hard to unplug for some time, Zen Mode will be incredibly useful. Let’s expatiate below:
What OnePlus Zen Mode Is All About?
When you enable Zen Mode, your device will go into a deep freeze for a specific period of time. During this period, you will be able to launch apps, send SMSes, change settings, or perform other mobile phone functions.
It will still be possible to make and receive phone calls and snap pictures. However, after capturing a photo, you cannot see your full gallery to edit or post that photo to social media. Plus, even if you can receive calls from whoever, it is only emergency phone calls you are allowed to make.
Immediately after activating the feature, you cannot reverse it. Restarting your device will not deactivate it. The default active time is twenty minutes, therefore you will have to hold on for the complete minutes before your device returns to normal. So, tread cautiously as you use this function.
Must Read: How To Improve OnePlus 7 Pro Battery Life
As an added feature, the Zen Mode application will even notify you if you’ve used your device without stopping for a certain period of time. The default is 2 hours, but the reminder window can be changed to several other times. The reminder will make you enable Zen Mode.
How Can I Use Zen Mode?
- Unlock your device and pull down the notification shade.
- Pull down the shade once more to completely expose the Quick Tiles settings.
- Click Zen Mode Quick Title to launch the app. There is no standalone application to open, you have to access it via Quick Tiles.
- Immediately you are in Zen Mode, you can click “settings” in the top right corner to disable or enable the feature that notifies you that you have been using your smartphone for too long. You can even click the stats icon (close to the gear icon) to view the number of times you have used the feature.
- If you are set to launch Zen Mode, simply tap “Let’s G.” You will receive a warning about how Zen Mode works.
- Tap “Start” and a countdown timer will start, giving you 3 seconds in case you change your mind.
- 7. Immediately Zen Mode starts, a timer will be visible on your display revealing the number of minutes/seconds that you have left for.
- As Zen Mode is active, you will be able to get anything done with your device but you cannot make emergency calls and snap pictures.
- Immediately the timer stops, a “Good Job” notification will be shown to you. You can even share to social media how long you were in Zen Mode and why you used it.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to use Oneplus Zen mode. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.