Welcome to TechRibs, today I’ll show you how to install cydia without jailbreak on iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9. On a normal base, we can’t install Cydia without jailbreaking our iOS devices, but in this tutorial, I’ll walk you through a step by step by step guide to get get this done.
Before we proceed, let me give you some reasons why you need to install Cydia on your iOS devices. With Cydia installed on your iOS device, you’ll be able to browse and download a whole lot of applications, add-ons, themes, ringing tones and tweaks that are not available on the Apple app store. A lot of these apps are kind of premium compared to normal iOS apps
Guide to Install Cydia without Jailbreak
- Download vSSH client app from Apple app store, launch and click on “Quick connect”.
- Get your wifi IP address. You can find it by going to Settings >> Wifi >> and open connected networks.
- Copy IP address, go back to the vSSH client app, and input the address in the IP host option.
- Don’t edit the port, input “root” as the username and click connect.
- A popup will appear on your screen, tap yes once. Make sure you don’t select the permanent.
- When asked for password, input “alpine”.
- Now, return back and also click the back option from the onscreen keyboard at the top.
- Now copy the below code and paste, then download should begin.
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
9. Once it isdone downloading, it will restart, and the Cydia icon will be displayed on your screen. Now tap the icon, download will begin.
10. Allow it to download, after download copletes, you can then run Cydia on your iOS device even without it being jailbroken.
I think this tutorial will be of help to thos of you who want to install Cydia on their iOS devices but are not willing to jailbreak their iOS devices. With this method you can install cydia without jailbreak on iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9. Once you try it we will love to hear from you. If in any way you don’t understand any part of this tutorial, let us know using the comment section.