Early last year, M-Pesa went into partnership with PayPal to aid its users to engage in transactions between the two popular platforms easily. Before this, the most straightforward way to transact would be linking your PayPal account to your Equity Bank account. Even if this method was valid then, it took days to finish a transaction and that, unlike this jet age. The new partnership, helped by international mobile money enabler, TransferTo reduces that to just 2-3 hours. This partnership birthed the Paypal To Mpesa Link
To seize the opportunity in this, you have to be an M-PESA customer, and you must have a Kenyan PayPal account. It tells you that your nationality should be Kenyan in your Paypal account or else this will not work.
Link Your Paypal And MPesa Accounts
1. Head to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
2. Log into your Kenyan PayPal account.
3. Accept TransferTo’s terms and conditions for making use of the service.
4. Add the Safaricom MPESA number you’d want to be connected to the PayPal account.
5. A verification code will be sent on your Safaricom line through text message. Type in this code to round up the link.
TopUp Your Paypal Account With MPESA
1. Do the calculation for the KES amount you want to convert to discover the USD amount you need for your PayPal account.
2. Open your M-PESA, choose “Lipa Na M-PESA,” and then “Pay Bill.”
3. Use 800088 as the business number, and your phone number as the account number.
4. A text message confirming that USD was added to your PayPal balance will be sent to you. It will also be possible to check the status on the Transaction History page.
You can make use of Currency Converter on this page that is updated every 24 hours. It is also vital to note that a transaction fee will be requested from you.
Withdraw From Your Paypal Account To MPESA
1. Head to this page and signify the amount you would love to withdraw in USD.
2. Keep withdrawing, and the converted amount will be wired into your M-PESA account.
Do not forget that the MPESA transaction limits will apply. This means that all transaction is restricted to Ksh. 70,000.
The maximum balance an MPESA account can hold is Ksh 100,000 and maximum transaction every 24 hours is capped at Ksh 140,000.
Seeing the domain name https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com TransferTo made use of for the Paypal integration, it is safe to guess that plans are underway to use other Mobile Money operators in addition to Safaricom M-Pesa very soon.