Must Read: 5 Things To Know Before Creating An NFT
1. Never put your wallet on a website you don’t recognize. Connecting your wallet to a website entails placing complete trust in the website’s proprietors and their security. If the site is hacked, the hackers will have access to any permissions you’ve granted. Purging associated sites on your Metamask regularly is a good idea.
2. Never sign a transaction unless you are entirely confident in it.
3. Invest in a physical wallet; it will cost you money, but it will be well spent to protect your NFTs. Ledger and Trezor are two wallets that come highly recommended.
4. Do not back up your seed phrase on digital media; instead, back it on a physical medium (paper or steel) (hard drive, cloud, USB). Getting a cryptosteel capsule is your best bet. Make sure that no one has access to this. Never store a backup to your computer or smartphone.
5. You should not share your seed/recovery phrase or wallet QR code with anyone under no circumstances. It is the key to everything in your portfolio, and keep this hidden from prying eyes!
1. Unsolicited DMs should be treated with caution, especially if the sender claims to be a mod. To be sure, locate the mod within the server and DM.
2. If you’re not sure if a link from a Discord server or DM is real, don’t click on it.
3. A mod will never ask for money, personal information, a seed phrase, or a QR code in a direct message. Take precautions!
4. Avoid all links to other Discords delivered via DMs. They probably are if they’re advertising mints or deals that seem too good to be true.
5. Be cautious if someone you recognize from a Discord server DMs you. Please look at their Discord duties; it may be a phoney. Finding the person on the server, clicking on their name, then DMing them is an intelligent move. You’ll be redirected to the original DM if it’s the same individual.
1. Always double-check that you’re purchasing from a reputable collection; people will establish fraudulent collections. Look for a verified tick next to the collection, or use Discord links to get there.
2. If you’re purchasing a bundle, double-check that each item is from the correct collection. People are bundling numerous products, one of which is genuine and the rest of which is from a phoney collection.
The NFT space can be very tricky, so be careful and apply these tips on how to keep your NFT safe when buying or selling; check well so you don’t fall victim to fraud.