You’ll definitely agree with me that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow is the version of the Android mobile operating system, every person using an Android device will want to use this OS as it possesses more goodies for users. The Infinix Team have considered their users worthy to use this mobile operating system, so they recently pushed Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA updates out for all Infinix hot 2 (Android One) users. If you are faces issues with upgrading, or this update hasn’t gotten to you, then I think this tutorial is for you.Before wee proceed, I’ll like you to know that this is not and official firmware from Infinix, but I assure you it works very well. Lets proceed to the requirements.
STEPS TO FLASH ANDROID 6.0 TO INFINIX HOT 2 X510 WITH SP FLASH TOOL
From the link above, make sure you’ve downloaded Infinix Hot2 x510 Android 6.0 dump rom provided.
You must have installed VCom Driver on your PC if not, follow the short steps below to do that.
HOW TO INSTALL VCOM DRIVER
1. Extract the downloaded vcom driver.
2. Locate device manager>click action>click add legacy hardware
3. Below welcome to add new hardware click next
4. Proceed to advanced option and click next
5. Select ‘show all devices’ and click next.
6. Click have disk
7. Locate your vcom extracted folder and select the driver setup file and click open, then ok.
8. Lastly select Mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
By now I believe you have installed VCom Driver on your PC, so lets go ahead.
INSTALLING FLASH TOOL
1. Go to the SP flash tool folder
2. You’ll have to run the SP flash tool.exe as admin
3. Click on scatter loading. Locate the Infinix Hot 2 rom folder and select the scatter file MT6580_Android_scatter.txt ”
4. Just by the left below the ‘scatter loading’ panel, click on ‘download now’ then change it to ‘firmware upgrade’
Note: Your battery should at least be upto 90% to enable us complete the process without having any issues.
5. Switch off your Phone and connect it to your PC using usb cord and press Volume Down or up key, so it would be detected easily by your computer.
6. A progress bar should start running, signifying that the flashing is in process, and once the Flashing is complete you will see a green circle confirming it.
Now you are free to disconnect your phone and put it on, you should get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow smiling at you. You can as well go to Settings >> About to confirm that your Infinix Hot 2 X510 is now running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
This is not an official firmware from Infinix. Team Hovatek dumped the firmware of their copy of the Infinix Hot 2 X510 which had been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) using the above guide.
Q: After flashing the ROMDump, Will I be able to flash future OTA updates?
Ans: Have no fears, the ROMDump isn’t rooted and is also running on stock recovery. It passed the System Check test, so you would be able to work with it.
Credit to Team Hovatek, for providing their Rom Dump…
We’ll like to hear from you, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to use the comment form.