When it comes to exercising and sports, there is an ample collection of tech gears and wearables needed by every sports enthusiast. Interestingly, the list cannot be complete without the mention of headphones. To put succinctly, headphones are so essential during workouts and sporting activities that they require a separate article hence, the reason for this blog post.
That being said, music offers some kind of motivation while working out, which requires severe physical effort and exertion. In fact, everyone (both common people and athletes) who desire to live a healthier lifestyle need to put some serious effort into regular exercises, and music pretty much helps people in this task.
Unlike other sports gadgets and gears like fitness trackers, smartwatches and trainers, headphones do not necessarily hold that much of priority for athletes, but the importance of music while exercising is quite undeniable. However, finding the right pair of sporting headphones can be really challenging.
Additionally, the numerous range of headphones on the market does not help either. You can typically select from a wide variety of over-the-ear and in-ear headphones that are specially built for workouts and sports.
Excitingly, you don’t have to worry at all as we’ve gathered a list of 5 sports headphones that are really worth your money. With that out of the way, below are the 5 best sporting headphones you can buy in 2018 and beyond.
5 Best Sports Headphones to Look At in 2019
The newest Jaybird X3 have instantly become very famous among diehard athletes, especially runners – the headphones are excellent in every way without going overboard. Basically, the Jaybird X3 wireless headphones will sit like a necklace around your neck with in-ear buds.
Although the Bluetooth connectivity range may not be as wide as that of some other headphones such as the Beats Wireless headphones, it’s indeed adequate. Additionally, they give much better music control with the latest My Sound smartphone app.
- Must Read: 3 Smartwatches To Get Your Kids Right Now
Below are some of the great feature of the Jaybird X3:
- They have excellent quality audio, although not as loud as some other headphones out there
- They are suitable for every sport such as swimming, cycling, or gym workouts, but the perfect way to use them is while running
- The battery life is impressive and can last up to 8-hours
- It is lightweight at approximately 18 grams
- The Jaybird X3 has a very noticeable design for being chic as well as compatible with every sport
- You can get these headphones for just $70 at the most
Beats do not need any introduction to the world of headphones as they’re trendy. The brand always provides the very best, and their Wireless is not exceptional. Furthermore, the over-the-ear wireless headphones come with lots of features such as vast Bluetooth range and long battery life.
The music can be played on your smartphone through Bluetooth connectivity and go further away from the smartphone without disconnecting. Moreover, the 3D antenna allows for the wide connectivity range which is fantastic for track athletes.
That being said, some other features of this wonderful headphone include:
- The volume can be controlled, and you can also navigate through songs using the neckband
- Beats Wireless audio quality is one of its best features
- They boast of long battery life of almost 40-hours
- They’re available in multiple colours and have a chic design
- Has a wide Bluetooth range
- The Beats Wireless Sports Headphone is slightly heavier than most other headphones out there, and weigh at least 83-grams
- For such an excellent pair of headphones, the price is indeed reasonable at about $100
- Must Read: Sennheiser CX 300 ii Review
In addition to having a great design, the KuaiFit Sports Headphone is also known for being a health tracker. Ideally, you may not be required to buy any other sports gadget after you purchase this headphone. This is because it has a wide range of fantastic features, which can perfectly accompany you on your workout.
Furthermore, KuaiFit headphones do not need Bluetooth connectivity, and this is because they have internal storage – your music can be accessed directly from the headphones. Also along with the internal storage, you can also connect it with Wi-Fi and have access to your Spotify playlists at any given time. Additionally, the headphones are compatible with both Android and iOS.
Below are some excellent features of the Kuaifit headphone:
- It acts as a fitness tracker and can also monitor your heartbeat rate
- It has an internal storage of 8GB for storing of music
- It can equally offer running advice and assistance from expert physical coaches and trainers; this feature costs extra fee though
- The music can be controlled with the neckband that joint the two in-ear buds
- It has a tight grip and weighs nearly 31g
- The design and style of KuaiFit Sport is modern and sleek
- Its battery can last up to 7-hours after recharge
- The cost of this sporting headphone ranges from $136 to $146 at different online retailers
If you want your power song to give more great sound, then the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones might offer you precisely that additional push you’re looking for. With the incredible sound signature of the United States audio heavyweight, these lightweight earbuds come with a very secure and comfortable fit, all thanks to the StayHear+ tips.
Furthermore, for runners with NFC-enabled music players and smartphones, the SoundSport buds can be effortlessly paired in minutes. Apart from that, the Bose Connect app equally makes it possible for you to share music with more than a pair of earbuds, perfect if you are out running with a friend. Interestingly, they’ll name which device is connected, which is something that’s awesome if you’re carrying around a phone, tablet, and media player.
Finally, the SoundSport range comes in two different flavours. For an additional $50, you can choose the Pulse edition that features an inbuilt heart rate monitor. This could be a significant investment depending on your training method, as we’ve discovered that their heart rate monitor is relatively precise from the ears with these.
Other notable facts about this device are:
- It’s pretty much secure and comfortable
- Has an optional heart rate monitor
- The heart rate monitor version is costly
- The battery life could be better
While it lacks some of the latest running headphone technology, these headphones more than makeup for it in comfort, their inexpensive asking price, and durability.
Apparently, one of the most irritating problems, while you’re running, is when your earphones loosen up or, worse still, fall out. That’ not the case for the iSport Victory In-Ear Bluetooth Headphones. It stays securely snug in your ear all through your run, thanks to the rubber “wings” and the astonishingly wide range of ear tip options. They’re naturally sweat resistant and, at just 15g, they seem to be the most lightweight headphones on this collection.
- Must Read: How To Choose a Portable Record Player
Additionally, with about 10-hours of Bluetooth battery life, they could practically get you through your post-work run and your workday. Sound quality does not really cut it for constant use, and it lacks a heart rate monitor but, for the asking price, they’re still a fantastic simple option for most runners.
Other things to know about this headphone are:
- It’s super comfortable
- Secure fit
- Although sound quality isn’t excellent, it’s still a great option
- No heart rate monitor
I hope you did find this list helpful. Feel free to share any other headphone you think should have made this list using the comments below.