Many Nigerian citizens want to apply for an Australian visa in Nigeria. Australia is the 6th largest country and the smallest continent in the world. If you’ve seen it on the map, it shows that traveling from Nigeria to Australia is going to be a long flight. It is a country with many exciting cities, wildlife reservation, mountains for hiking activities, and dazzling beaches.
The country has major cities such as Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney. Australia is bounded by 3 oceans (Indian, Pacific, and Southern). All these beaches are a great spot for relaxation, picnic, and a fun spot. Before you apply for an Australian Visa in Nigeria, you need to have a transit visa that will allow travel through an international airport. Let’s get to know the different types of Australia visa want can apply for in Nigeria.
Types of Australian visa to apply for in Nigeria
Visitor Visa ( Subclass 600)
This type of visa allows a Nigerian citizen to enter Australia as either a tourist or visitor. With this kind of visa, you can carry out: business transaction, conference meeting, an employment inquiry and lots more. This visa gives an opportunity for you to study up to 3 months. You can stay up to 3, 6 or 12 months. When you are being given they will tell you the time duration of your visa and how long you are will stay there. The application process for this visa can take 20 – 35 days.
Transit Visa (Subclass 711)
If you know that you are going to stop in Australia when you are making a trip to another country. Then it is a must for you to have an Australian visa. The purpose of this transit visa (Subclass 711) is for you to have that opportunity to stay in Australia for a good 72 hours. You will not be charged for having this kind of visa.
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
This gives you the privilege to study, but you must have gained an admission into an institution that is registered in Australia. There are different types of student visa that are available depending on the course you want to embark on including higher education, postgraduate education, and vocational training. This visa will only last for the duration of your course. The application process for a student visa can take 25 – 50 days.
You might be lucky enough to secure a job in Australia in the course of their skilled migration program or an approved employer can decide to sponsor you. There are a lot of visas you can apply for under their skilled migration program:
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) ( subclass 188)
- Business Talent (Permanent) ( subclass 132)
- Skilled Independent (subclass 189)
- Skilled – Sponsored or Nominated (Provisional) (subclass 489)
- Temporary Graduate (subclass 485)
- Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190)
Other Australian visas that are related to work are Business owner visa, Entrepreneur visa, and Investment visa.
Permanent visa (Resident visa)
Before you can apply for a permanent Australia visa, it must be under these following conditions:
- Through the skills assessment programme.
- If your spouse is a citizen of that country.
- If you are being nominated by an approved Australian employer.
- Through a business investor.
If you are in any of these categories that is listed above, then you are sure of becoming an Australian citizen.
Australian Visa fees
The Australian visa fee varies from time to time
- Transit – Free
- Permanent citizenship – N10, 089 – N5, 693,403
- Student– N161, 433
- Visitor – N40, 385 to N294, 039
- Work – N80, 417 – N1, 057, 964
Documents Required for Australian Visa Application
- The e-passport you will be using should not be lesser than six months and have a validity of six months.
- You can register for an immiaccount online and fill your details on the application form. The form must be signed and dated correctly.
- A passport photograph having 45 mm x 35 mm with a white background.
- A photocopy of National identity card and international biodata page.
- A preceding passport or visas and that have been stamped appropriately to show a record of your travel history.
- Your medical report.
- An inclusive health travel insurance that will cover you during the period you will be staying in Australia.
- A clearance certificate assessment for character issue by the police.
- Employment evidence and assets that will act as something to compel you to come back to Nigeria.
- A duplicate of various round trips tickets.
- A photocopy of your bank statement with sufficient money.
- Children lesser than 18 should be accompanied or family should provide relationship evidence by using any of the following: a photocopy of birth certificate with the names of both parent of the child.
Further Requirements for a Business Visa
- A Business Invitation letter from the company that is going to sponsor you in Australia. The letter should be written using the letterhead of the company which could be addressed to “The Consulate of Australia, visa section”, which will be signed by a senior manager.
- An evidence of financial capacity.
Further Requirements for a Student Visa
- Enrolment confirmation from an accepted Australian institution.
- Confirmation of financial resources for the duration of the study.
- An accommodation agreement.
Australian visa is being given to applicants electronically with a letter of notification that will be giving to you.
Where your Application can be Submitted
This can be done by yourself or through the TLS Contact Visa Application Centres in Lagos or Abuja. You have to register for an ImmiAccount online. Then fill in your details on the form such as your passport details. Another thing to note, you have to scan all your documents, attach the scanning files, your biometric data and submit your application.
TLS Contact Application Centres are situated at the various locations below:
El Yakub Muhktar Place,
Zakariya Maimalari Street,
5th & 6th Floors,
21 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way,
Hope you did find this post helpful. Feel free to let us know what you think in the comments
You Might Also Love to Read: