Has your android smartphone been frequently freezing lately? Do you want to sell off your Sony Xperia Z Ultra phone and wish to clear up all data on it? Have you forgotten you pattern lock and after trying several methods to unlock it, couldn’t get any to work? Here is the cheapest method to get any of those situations fixed, all you need do is hard factory reset your device.
Note: Hard Resetting any device would usually erase all data on the android device, so it is advisable you backup your phones data before trying the process out at least if you don’t wish to loose all your valuable files.
Follow the below steps carefully to successfully Hard Reset your Xperia Z Ultra device.
- Go to the home screen of your device.
- Click on the “Settings icon” to enter your settings. You can also access settings on any android device by swiping down the notification bar and tapping the settings icon from there.
- Choose Backup and Reset from the menu that opens.
- Tap on Factory Data Reset (If you wish to erase all data on your memory card, you can simply check the Erase Internal Storage checkbox).
- Now Tap Reset Phone
- Tap on Erase Everything as a confirmation to continue the whole resetting process.
- You can now wait some minutes as the process begins.
Here is a free Video from a Youtube user by username Video World to guide you through this simple method.
- Open the cover of the MicroSim card on your Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Now under the Micro SD Card flip cover, you’ll notice a red button, that’s what we need to reset your mobile.
- Use a small tip object to press and hold down the button for few seconds (around 5 seconds).
- Your device will shut down automatically and initiate the Hard Reset process immediately.
And that’s how you can easily free your device from freezing or clear a pattern lock using a the Hard Reset method for your Xperia Z Ultra device. Your smartphone would be restored to the default factory settings after this exercise has been completed.