In this article, we are going to look at a tutorial on how to block websites on Chrome browser. You might want to block particular websites, from opening on your Chrome browser, because of many reasons. One of such reasons is parental control. In a situation where your children are offered access to the internet, being able to restrict specific harmful sites will be very useful, in your job as a parent.
This article covers a tutorial on how to block websites from opening on Chrome desktop browsers, as well as chrome mobile browser, on Android devices, using the Blocksite chrome extension on Chrome desktop and Blocksite app on Android.
How To Block Websites on Chrome Desktop Browser.
- Launch Block Site Page on your Chrome Browser via this link
- Click on add to Chrome
- Click on add extension
- Click on the block site icon, located beside the URL box
- Click on settings
- Click on edit block site list
- Type in the URLs of the websites you want to block and then click on the “+” sign icon to add websites to block list.
- Click on Account Protection
- Enable the Block Site password feature.
- Fill in your Email address and a password of your choice
- Verify your email
Enabling Block Site Functionality on Incognito Mode
- Click on the Chrome menu icon, represented by ” : ”
- Click on more tools
- Click on extensions
- Click on details
- Scroll down and toggle switch, allow the block Site extension to work on incognito mode
- Must Read: Top 10 Handy and Productive Chrome Extension
Upon successful completion of these steps, the blocked websites will no longer open on your desktop Chrome browser, even in Incognito mode.
How To Block Websites on Chrome Mobile Browser (Android)
- Launch the Google play store app on your Android device
- Search for the BlockSite app and click install, to download the app
- Launch the Blocksite app and click on get started
- Navigate through settings > Accessibility > Blocksite
- Toggle switch to enable Blocksite accessibility
- Launch the BlockSite app again
- Click on the ” + ” icon in green
- Add the website you desire to block, in the space provided
- Tick the box beside the Block Site name, in the top right corner of the app
Upon successful completion of these steps, the blocked website will no longer open on browser apps on your Android device, including the Google Chrome browser.
- Must Read: 10 Best Google Chrome Themes For You
There you have it – A complete and comprehensive tutorial, on how to block websites on chrome. Steps featured in this tutorial must be thoroughly followed, to avoid complications.