In this article, we explore a tutorial covering the correction of mistakes made on Ugandan passports. Here you will learn to correct Ugandan passport information. The steps are listed below:
1. Applicants should collect Forms A and B plus any other information from the closest Immigration Office or download on the immigration website.
2. The forms should be taken by the particular applicant for endorsement by Area local council 1, 2, 3, RDC and DISO.
3. After approval, applicants should visit any URA revenue collection bank like Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient, etc. and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 150,000 for standard applications or UGX 300,000 for Express applications, UGX 250,000 for Official Passports and UGX 300,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank, i.e., UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
4. You will receive a bank receipt that you will have to attach to your application.
5. Ensure your documents are filed in a manila file folder and tender them personally to the receiving officers at the Passport Receiving Section at the Ministry of Internal Affairs or your closest Passport Control Office or the Regional Immigration Office.
A receiving Slip will be given to you, and it will display your receiving code and file number. Beware of Middlemen or Kayungirizi. Any application submitted by middlemen does not get accepted or collected.
6. Retrieve your passport personally after ten working days for regular passport applications and two working days for Express Passport Applications from the point where the application was submitted, unless an Immigration Officer directs you to someplace else. You will be told to tender your Receiving Slip and IDs when you are about to retrieve your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
1. A letter addressed to the Passport Control Officer giving reasons why you need to alter the names.
2. Supportive documents like marriage, certificates, deed poll and so on.
3. Forms A and B, LCs endorsement might not be required except when you are told otherwise by the Passport Control Officer.
4. 3 colored passports size photos with a white background.
5. Identification documents.
Office Locations And Numbers To Reach Them On
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala – Uganda
- Must Read: 20 Most Beautiful Cities in Africa
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Email Enquiry Form: http://www.immigration.go.ug/content/contact-us
- Arua OfficeMinistry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
2. Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
3. RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
Masindi Passport Center
4. Masindi Town
Hoima Passport Center
5. Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
Mbarara Regional Office
6. Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
Masaka Regional Office
7. Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
Jinja Regional Office
10. Administration block: Busoga Square
Mubende Regional Office
11. RDC building
Fortportal Regional Office
12. Administration Block: Boma Road
Lira Regional Office
13. District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
Mityana Regional Office
14. RDC building
Kampala Main Passport Office
15. American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobacco plant(BAT) Eligible only for Ugandan citizens.
The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 150,000 for standard applications or UGX 300,000 for Express applications, UGX 250,000 for Official Passports and UGX 300,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank, i.e., UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.
1. Duly endorsed forms A and B.
2. Covering letter from Employer/School/Parents/Guardian or anyone that knows the applicant well. This letter must be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala.
3. The applicant’s photocopy and original identifications documents like National ID, Voters Card, Birth Certificates, School Certificate, Residential ID, Baptism Card or Employers Card.
4. Recommendation for a Ugandan citizen of good repute who will provide you with a copy of his/her ID or Passport. As time goes on, any other info might be asked for by the Passport Control Officer.
Why The Document Is Important:
A passport is a document given to you by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of whoever owns it for traveling purposes. It shelters information about the owner, like name, gender, date, and place of birth.
It is vital that the name on your passport tallies without your legal name. If there are any changes in your name, ensure it is corrected on your passport as well immediately.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to correct Ugandan passport information. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.