Even if Yahoo Groups has not been a viable forum destination for a while now, it used to be a famous platform for people to interact and have conversations online. Yahoo parent company, Verizon Media is set to completely shut Groups down soon and by December 14th, every existing content will be deleted. In this article, you will learn how to download your Yahoo Group data the right way.
How Can I Find And Retrieve My Yahoo Group Data?
- Get yourself signed into Yahoo.
- Head to your Privacy Dashboard. You will need to sign in to your account again.
- Beneath “Your Products,” tap “Groups.”
- You will be shown a listing of all your Yahoo Groups. Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner and choose “Groups Download Manager.”
- The next page should be the Download Manager, which will prompt you to enter the email address you wish to be notified at. Yahoo will then inform you when your download is ready.
From here on, you will need to be patient. It can take days, even a week before your data will be seen. And unfortunately, it is impossible to ask for downloads of specific groups. The process is an all-or-nothing one. You are advised to download all your messages before the December 14th deadline.
How Can I Download Files And Images On Yahoo Groups?
If you have uploaded files and pictures to your Yahoo Groups, you can head there to download them. See the instructions to adhere to:
- Head to your Yahoo Groups page.
- Head to the group that has your files and pictures.
- For pictures, tap “Photos,” and tick the box that says, “Show results only from my photos.”
- Cursor over the picture you wish to download and tap the download icon in the lower right corner.
More Information About Yahoo Groups
Yahoo! Groups is one of the world’s largest collections of online discussion boards. The term Groups refers to Internet communication which is a hybrid between an electronic mailing list and a threaded Internet forum, in other words, Group messages can be read and posted by e-mail or on the Group’s webpage like a web forum. In addition, members can choose whether to receive individual, daily digest or Special Delivery e-mails or simply read Group posts on the Group’s Web site.
Must Read: 2000+ Best And Funny WhatsApp Group Names
Groups can be created with public or member-only access. Some Groups are simply announcement bulletin boards, to which only the Group moderators can post, while others are discussion forums.
It is not necessary to register with Yahoo! in order to participate in Yahoo! Groups. The basic mailing list functionality is available to any e-mail address, but a Yahoo! ID is required to access most other features.
As well as providing e-mail relaying and archiving facilities for the many Groups it hosts, the Yahoo! Groups service provides additional features for each Group web site, such as a homepage, message archive, polls, calendar announcements, files, photos, database functions, and bookmarks.
In August 2008 Y!G staff reported 113 million users, nine million Groups, and availability in 22 languages.
The web analytics website Quantcast reported around 915 thousand unique visitors to the Y!G website (US) daily in July 2010. In January 2011 this number increased to 933 thousand unique visitors daily. This number does not include Y!G members who access the Groups site via email.
In September 2010 at its “Product Runway” event, Yahoo! told reporters that Yahoo! Groups has 115 million group members and 10 million Yahoo! Groups.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to download your Yahoo group data. If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.