HBO is the largest premium cable and satellite TV network in the world. They earned this because of its continuing success with original and acclaimed TV series and films, including major hits like Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley the latest one, Westworld. Luckily for us, HBO has simplified access to its content with 2 online services named HBO Now and HBO Go. The two mediums will aid users to check out the network’s large library of movies, present and past TV series. In this article, we explore a comprehensive tutorial on how to fix HBO that is not working.
But how about when HBO Now or HBO Go are not working for you? Regardless of whether you use the HBO Go or HBO Now application, the solutions are basically the same.
Be Sure You Entered The Correct Login And Password
For HBO GO users, if you fail to remember your email or password for your TV provider, you have to reach out to your cable or satellite TV source directly for that information.
Must Read: How to install HBO on your smartTV
For HBO Now customers that are experiencing problems with password or username, you can reach out to the service to send you the email address you typed for the login or to reset your password. If you subscribed to HBO Now through the Hulu or Amazon Prime Video applications and services, you will have to enter the email address and password for either Hulu or Amazon Prime.
How To Fix HBO Go Or HBO Now Streaming Issues At Home?
If you discover that HBO Now or HBO Go are not working in your home, some steps have to be taken to fix the issue. Check them out below:
- If you are battling streaming issues at home, restarting your television, set-top box, game console or mobile handset can end the problem.
- Power off your home router for like one minute and then restart it to confirm if it rectifies the download stream.
- You can power off your modem for up to 30 seconds and then restart it.
- You can attempt to reinstall the HBO applications on your devices.
- If you are still battling streaming problems, your wireless router could be in a terrible location, and its signals are just not strong enough. Move it to an area of the home that is more open. You can even connect the router to your smart TV, set-top box, or game console directly. A minimum of 3Mbps download speed is required to access content on HBO Now or HBO Go.
- It does not happen often, but sometimes, you can be faced with an HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) error if HBO Now or HBO Go is not functioning and you use it on your game console or set-top box. If this is your situation, make sure all cables connecting your box to your TV are connected the right way.
How To Fix HBO Now Or HBO Go Issues On Smartphones And Tablets?
If you feel HBO Now or HBO Go is not functioning properly on Android and/or iOS smartphones and tablets, see below for what you can do:
Must Read: How To Stream To Twitch
- Are you on a cellular network? It could be that its connection speed is not enough for a proper streaming experience. If that is the case, connect to a Wi-Fi signal and that might be the fix you need. Enabling and disabling Airplane mode is also useful, as this can rectify connection problems. If you power off your smartphone and power it on again, that can also help.
- Some of the problems can be rectified by restarting the applications and then uninstalling and reinstalling them. Clearing the app caches can help as well. For Android users, head to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then choose HBO Now or HBO Go. In the 2 menus, locate “Clear Cache” and click it. For iOS users, click on the Menu button in those apps, and click “Clear temporary files” on the Settings page.
- Lastly, make sure you have the most recent app version for either HBO Now or HBO Go installed on your smartphone. It could be that you hit a bug that has been rectified in the latest version of the application.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to FIX HBO that is not working. If you have any question, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.