It is very important for everyone to understand that their WhatsApp account can be hacked. However, WhatsApp has implemented a high level of security to an extent that for a hacker to be able to get into your WhatsApp account, they will have to spend a huge amount of resources and time.
Like almost every other app out there, Your WhatsApp account can also be hacked. Even though developers of the popular messaging platform did their best to ensure its level of security is advanced, these hackers still find a way around them.
To find out how you can ascertain if your Whatsapp Account has been hijacked, the ways and means you can use to get it back, learn How To Know If Your Whatsapp Account Has Been Hacked/Monitored + FIX:
How To Confirm If My WhatsApp Is Hacked
We only listed these tips to inform you, they are a not guarantee of the real issue.
1. Smartphone Temperature If your smartphone temperature increases and gets warm all of a sudden, that might be a clue. Strong apps running in the background of your mobile device can make the phone warm up and it will most likely be caused by spyware.
2. Wired Battery Consumption If your battery gets low rapidly even when you only leave it on mobile data or wifi, then a spy software running on your device without your permission can be responsible.
How Hackers Can Get Into Your WhatsApp Account
1. Using WhatsApp Web Using WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp from your smartphone simultaneously is possible on the WhatsApp platform. While this can have its own advantages, it also exposes you to an intruder prying on your WhatsApp conversations.
As soon as the hacker gains access to one of the devices, especially your smartphone, they can hurriedly scan your WhatsApp QR code and have access to your WhatsApp conversation as soon as possible.
- Must Read: How To Hide a WhatsApp Chat
It is very correct that they also make use of WhatsApp web from a different PC. This means your Whatsapp account can be accessed from anywhere on planet earth if they can access its WhatsApp QR code.
2. Access To Your Phone Backup File This can be effective even when your WhatsApp has been locked with the AppLock. But it only tampers with devices without a recently updated WhatsApp.
As soon as the hacker gains access to your phone, in a short period of time, they will be able to view and erase WhatsApp conversations from another phone.
- Must Read: Whatsapp Secret Font You Never Knew
After stealing your backup file via the file manager, they can send it through to another phone, or they can make use of auto-backup apps like backup text for WhatsApp to email all your WhatsApp convo in plain text by installing this app in your phone and when you are done, they’ll have it uninstalled.
With all these alone, your chats will be accessible to them even when your WhatsApp is locked.
3. Via Wi-Fi Network With WhatsApp Sniffer Same way, it is full of risk to use WiFi with your email account, your WhatsApp can be jeopardized with the WhatsApp sniffer via a WiFi network. Since all phones have a standout mac address, if the hackers find a way to spoof your mac address, your WhatsApp activities are in danger.
4. Using 3rd-Party Spyware There are 3rd party spywares that can hack WhatsApp conversations. Applications like mspy are paid for and only require the hacker to install software on the victim’s device, which will grant them access to the WhatsApp conversations they seek.
How To Fix A Hacked WhatsApp Account
1. Disable WhatsApp Web The minute you notice any suspicious activity in your WhatsApp account, then someone is definitely intruding in your WhatsApp chats and conversations. If they are making use of WhatsApp web, then confirmation can be gotten by doing this:
1. Open Whatsapp on your mobile device.
2. Click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right
3. Click on WhatsApp web and a new window will pop up.
4. Here you will find the list of last used clients, if you have no idea what it is all about, then the probability that an intruder might’ve hacked into your convos and WhatsApp activities is high.
- Must Read: How to Send a Sticker Using Whatsapp
Remember, To put an end to this, click on Log out of all computers. This will prevent the hacker from accessing your activities. It should also serve as a warning to you to always check this and log out of all devices at all times.
2. Lockup All Your Applications
According to Learning Ocean, hackers extract messages from files to copy your WhatsApp messages from your phone and email it to another email identification. Chatbox can also be used for Whatsapp. They tweeted, “They easily read all your WhatsApp messages by copying some files from Whatsapp folder and the solutions to this is to use an app called App Locker in your WhatsApp enabled smartphone.”
App locker lets you lock any application on your mobile device, therefore securing it. So when an intruder attempts to copy those stored files from the WhatsApp on your phone, they will first and foremost, have to unlock your smartphone.
3. WhatsApp Two Factor Authentication
Whatsapp recently introduced this feature. When two-step verification is active, anyone trying to verify your phone number on WhatsApp will have the six-digit PIN that you set up via this feature to contend with. Just launch Whatsapp > Settings > Account > Two-step verification > Enable.
When it is active, you can type in the email address that will allow Whatsapp to have a link sent to you through email to deactivate two-step verification in the event that you do not remember your six-digit PIN.