Hello my faithful readers, welcome to techribs once more, today I’ll be showing you how you can root your HTC Desire 600. A reader of this blog requested for a guide on how he could root his HTC Desire 600, so I decided to come up with the complete guide. Lets proceed.
Larry Frank and techribs do not take responsibility for any damage you might inflict on your device while rooting if you don’t follow the tutorial properly.
What Are The Requirements?
- Your battery life must be above 70%. Because rooting your device requires more battery power than usual.
- Backedup data of you files for security reasons. (so as not to loose your file)
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device.
Go to Settings->Applications->Developer Options-> check USB debugging mode.
- Download the following;
*. CWM Recovery
*. SU zip
- Now you have to flash an CWM recovery. Incase you don’t know how to flash an CWM recovery you can see it below but if you kow how to do that just jump the tutorial.
How To Flash CWM recovery on HTC Desire 600
- Put the three downloaded files in your PC.
- Extract Fastboot zip archive over to your Desktop.
- Turn OFF your device.
- Switch it on again by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together wait till you see HTC logo.
- Select Fastboot from the menu that you can see on your screen.
- Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button and right-click and select Open command window here.
- Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your device.
READ: How To Change Mp3 Songs Album Art/Covers Using Your Android Device
Now if you are through with the above steps you can proceed to the tutorial.
Steps to root HTC Desire 600 Dual SIM
Step 1. Now connect connect your HTC Desire 600 to your computer via USB cable. Before this is done make sure that you have enabled USB debugging.
Step 2. Switch Off your Desire 600 and reboot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power key until you see the HTC boot logo on your device’s screen.
Step 3. Now you should go to the recovery option and perform a full factory reset.
Step 4. Wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
Step 5. Now you can flash the package by selecting the option install from zip from SD card. You’ll be asked to give the path the zip file, browse the SU_Root zip file and hit enter to begin the rooting process.
Step 6. Sit and watch the process to complete, don’t try to do much with your device until it shows “installation completed”.
Congratulations your device has successfuly been rooted.
You Can Also Try This Four Easy Steps
Below are four easy steps to root HTC Desire 600: Check It Out!
Step 1. Download One Click Root
Step 2. Connect your HTC Desire 600 to the computer using your Micro-USB/USB cord
Step 3. Enable USB Debugging mode for your device . If you don’t know how to enable the USB debugging mode you can scroll up a little to see.
Step 6. Run One Click Root software than click ‘Root Now’.
Eigther of this two methods will work for you but I prefer the first method. When you are done you can check if your device was susseccfuly rooted here