If you fancy video games, then you might know about a Twitch stream or two. Twitch attracts about 140 million special monthly viewers who use up hours watching the platform’s 2-million-plus creators that streams several things including Apex Legends and World of Warcraft, art, cooking shows and live sports. In this article, we explore a comprehensive tutorial on how to stream on Twitch.
The amazing part is anybody can be a Twitch broadcaster. The PS4 and Xbox One both come with built-in streaming capabilities. If you play a game on PC (or you have to stream from other consoles like the Nintendo Switch,) all that is required is proper hardware, streaming software, and a free Twitch account that will help you share your exploits with the planet.
Must Read: 5 Best Elgato Stream Deck Alternatives
Because of Twitch’s Affiliate and Partner programs, you can even make some cash as you stream your preferred game and activities. Immediately you are signed up, this is how to go live.
How Can I Set Up My Twitch Page?
- Install a broadcasting app on your computer. 2 rampant fixes are Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) which can be gotten on Windows, Mac and Linux, and XSplit. OBS will cost you nothing but it needs additional setup while XSplit is very intuitive but will need you to pay for some of its amazing features.
- Get yourself logged into Twitch.tv.
- Choose the dashboard from the drop-down menu at the top-right of the display.
- Look for and choose a game you wish to play below “Playing.”
- Type in a title for your broadcast.
How Can I Use OBS?
When it comes to configuring your Stream, do this:
- Open OBS.
- Choose “Broadcast Settings” from the settings menu.
- Choose “Twitch” as your Streaming Service and tap “Optimize” on the bottom-left of the menu.
- Go back to your Twitch dashboard and choose Stream Key. Adhere to the prompts to get your unique streaming code.
- Have the code copied and pasted into the Stream Key box in the Broadcast Settings menu. Choose OK.
As for setting the scene and Going live, do this:
- On the main OBS UI, right-tap the Sources box and choose Add > Game Capture.
- Choose your favorite Game from the drop-down menu and choose OK.
- Right-tap the Sources box once more to add more feeds. You can add pictures and text to personalize your layout, use “Monitor Capture” to show whatever on your screen or choose “Video Capture” to use your webcam.
- Choose Preview Stream and Edit Scene to modify your stream layout to your taste.
- Choose “Start Streaming” on the OBS dashboard and you will go live.
How Can I Use XSplit?
Configuring Your Stream:
- Open XSplit.
- Choose Broadcast >Add Channel > Twitch.
- Choose Authorize and type in your Twitch username and password.
- Choose Finish. XSplit will instantly set an optimal resolution.
- Edit your stream properties and tap OK.
Setting the Scene and Going Live:
- In “Screen Sources” and on the bottom left of the XSplit UI, choose Add.
- Hover over Game Capture and choose your favorite game.
- Choose Add once more to bring in any more sources like images or your webcam feed.
- Drag and resize every source to your taste.
- Choose Broadcast > Twitch and you will go live.
Must Read: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Xbox One
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to stream on twitch. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.