Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is one of the most popular restaurant chains in the United States. Moreover, they are also famous for combining those restaurants with gift stores, all in a very Southern country theme that most people seem to adore. It all began in 1969, when Dan Evins founded the company and established its first store in Lebanon, Tennessee. Since September 2012, Cracker Barrel has expanded to 650 stores across 45 states.
Currently, it reportedly has over 73,000 employees, a clear proof that the chain treats the people working there right. Apart from the employees, not many people know that the chain has a website that can offer them valuable info about the company and their benefits while working here. Employees can also benefit from some interesting services after setting up a Cracker Barrel employee account. It is not a very difficult task as you will see in our article today.
About Cracker Barrel
The entire Cracker Barrel menu is based on the Southern cuisine, all traditional, while the décor of all the locations is that of an old-fashioned general store, making customers feel like they went back in time. It’s worth noting that each location has a porch with numerous rocking chairs, and also many real artifacts from the area, along with a traditional fireplace. Country music singers often perform at these restaurants, entertaining the clients.
Moreover, the chain’s charitable activities have become famous all over the country. The ones helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina and the events meant to assist injured war veterans have been especially applauded. The people working there often wear either blue, pink, yellow, or white shirts. They are also advised to set up their employee accounts when they get hired. If you are not that tech savvy, you should check out this article on the entire Cracker Barrel employee login procedure first for a step-by-step guide.
Setting up your Cracker Barrel employee account
- The first thing that you’ll need to do to set up your Cracker Barrel employee account is to get in front of a computer and access their official employee website. In case you are using Windows 10, then you should definitely read this article on how to secure your operating system so that you won’t have any issues during this step.
- On the login page, you will see two fields that you need to fill in with your employee number and also, your password. Make sure that you enter these credentials correctly, check them twice, and finally, click on the login button right below.
- Finally, you should then see the main page that will guide you through the main functions of the website. Most of those have to do with providing extra info on the company you are working for and your benefits as an employee, answering some of the most frequent questions, like how to contact the human resources department directly from there, and more.
- In case you don’t have a computer nearby, you can also set up your Cracker Barrel employee account on a mobile phone. The steps are the same, as you’ll still have to access the official employee website to do so.
- While the process is fairly simple, there will always be people who forget their credentials. In this case, the website offers you a reset solution. You will find those useful links on the login page of the Cracker Barrel employee website. If you still cannot do it, you can always ask a manager to reset the password for you.
Theme and controversies
It is interesting to note that the company’s most successful period came between the 1980s and 1990s. For example, back in 1993, its revenue was twice as big as that of any other similar family restaurant in the country. Over that period, it expanded and experimented with its locations and menus. It even added some regional dishes depending on the location so that it could attract the locals even more.
- Must Read: How To Benefit From Internet Marketing
Later, in the 2000s, the company had to deal with some controversies regarding the firing of several homosexual employees. In the end, the chain pledged not to discriminate against anyone based on their sexual orientation. On January 17, 2012, Dan Evins, the founder of Cracker Barrel, sadly passed away after a long battle with bladder cancer.
All in all, in case you are working or planning on working at Cracker Barrel, setting up your employee account should be one of your last worries thanks to this simple guide. While a fairly easy process, using the Cracker Barrel employee account is very important for any employee who wants to always stay informed. It seems that this chain of restaurants will keep on being popular as long as the food is good, locations are attractive, and employees are happy.