Owing to my promise on FTB anniversary, where I mentioned four bloggers that were going to be featured on my blog, to throw more light on blogging. Here is the first visit, in the how to build your blog interview series.
Today we have a geek in the house, a like minded personality, a blogger and a web designer, who has come over to help us in areas we are lacking behind using the foresight of a geek. Today we’ll descuss about gadgets, and as a matter of fact, this is a guide on the best device to use while blogging.
Please help me make welcome Wale Adekile Popularly known as Doncaprio, you might have come across his blog in one way or the other while surfing the net. I’m not suprise that these personality is a passionate geek, as his blog (geek.ng) already tells you whom he is.
Ok, let’s hit the road! 🙂
1. Welcome to FTB, our reader’s would like to know who you are, so please in some lines tell us about yourself.
My name is Don Caprio, a blogger and a web designer.
2. How many blogs do you run and which is your main blog?
I run two blogs at the moment, a tech blog and an entertainment blog. The tech blog remains my primary focus though I’ve been busy with other projects lately.
3. When did you venture into blogging?
I started my first blog in 2009.
4. What was your experience like at the early stage of blogging?
I said it before now, the only reason I started blogging was to make money online.
It wasn’t so great because the money didn’t come in as expected. As a matter of fact, it was frustrating but I sort of developed some kind of love for what I was doing back then and that
S what kept me going.
5. Can you reveal how much you earn from your blog monthly!
I don’t really disclose actual earnings and traffic details for personal reasons. A lot of bloggers do it and I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it… I just don’t do it. I hope you understand.
6. Sure I understand, and there’s no problems with that. You own a wonderful blog, (Geek NG) please can you tell us the meaning of “Geek”?
As opposed to the belief that the word ‘geek’ only refers to socially inept person who can be boring, it can also refer to a person is is knowledgeable in a certain field… like a computer geek, a tech geek and so on. That’s what it refers to in the blog’s name.
- Must Read: Common Computer Issues You Must Know
7. What was the first gadget you used and when was that?
Honestly, I can’t actually remember. If you’re referring to smartphones, the first smartphone I owned was a symbain S60 device and I can’t remember which year specifically.
8. I really do remember the sybian S60 devices, every geek as at then used it (lol) As at now, which gadget do you use?
At the moment, I use an Apple iPhone, a HTC Android device, a Tecno Phantom Z and a HP laptop. Those are the things I mostly work with.
10. Which OS runs on your gadgets?
Android, iOS and Windows 8.1 of course.
11. Which brand of gadgets do you use?
I don’t really believe in brand names. If a gadget serves its primary purpose effectively, I’ll definitely use it.
12. Please can you recommend four good OS for geeks to use? (please with reason why you choose them)
For PC? I recommend Windows. Laid my hand on Mac OS but I’ve come to realize it’s easier to work with Windows.
- Also See: Android Os – 5.0 Lollipop
13. Which mobile phone brand do you use?
For now, HTC, Apple and Tecno though I constantly change them.
14. Please recommend some mobile phone brands which you think are best?
Like I said earlier, I don’t really believe in brand names. There are less popular brands creating powerful gadgets. When you talk of Android devices, I’m not sure I have a particular choice but it seems I have a soft spot for Sony products though I don’t have one.
The only brand I can’t seem to do without is Apple since there’s no other company creating iOS devices.
15. Can A person blog with a mobile gadget?
I can’t imagine it. You can write with mobile blogging apps but there’s going to be issues. First you have to properly format your posts and you can’t do that efficiently on a mobile device. You’ll have issues editing images to be used in the article too.
Blogging is easier done on a PC.
- Check This: 15+ Recommended Android Apps For Every Blogger
16. What is the minimun ram size and hard disk size required to be seen on a geeks PC?
4GB RAM at least. And a minimum of 500GB HDD.
17. Do you think geeks like you can venture into blogging?
Sure, why not? So far you know what you’re talking about and you’re knowledgeable in that field, you can blog about it.
18. Since our blog is related to your blog (I mean in the same niche), using the sight of a geek, what do you think we should edit, and where are we lagging behind?
You have a great blog but I have an eye for design being a web designer myself. I can’t find a logo up there but I guess that’s a temporary issue. Also, I’ve seen this particular favicon on a particular site. The content is great though and that’s the most important thing.
19. Thanks for your time with us.
You’re most welcome.
I hope in a way or the other you must have learnt a thing from this interview in the ‘build your blog interview series.’ Wale Adekile has said alot about the best gadget to use and all we need to know about gadgets.
What else do you need to know? Oh! Remember that a PC is the best device for blogging as it makes our work easier, unlike mobile gadgets.
Never mind our our header section, no logo, no favicon, and whatsoever may be missing over there, like you said, it’s temporary, I recently moved FTB to wordpress, and we are still fixing things in oder yet, I hope you understand. 🙂
Connect With Docaprio
I think it’s gonna be nice you connect with him, visit his blog and learn more tweaks for your gadgets.