Are you currently facing harassment on Facebook or do you feel Facebook is consuming your time, making you less productive? Whatever the reason may be, there is an option on Facebook that allows you to deactivate your account temporarily for a period of time.
In this article, we are going to be looking at the steps taken in temporarily deactivating your Facebook account. But before we dive into the tutorial proper, it is imperative you understand the implications of temporarily deactivating your Facebook account.
Implications Of Temporarily Deactivating Your Facebook Account
- Your profile immediately disappears from Facebook
- All posts made will also disappear, including the ones made on your friend’s wall
- Some information, like messages you sent to friends, may still be visible
- Your friends may still see your name in their friends’ list. This is only visible to your friends, and only from their friends’ list.
Note: if you choose to keep Messenger active or are logged into Messenger when you deactivate your Facebook account, then Messenger will remain active.
- Must Read: How to Clear Facebook Search History
Now that you have understood the implications of temporarily deactivating your Facebook account, we can now proceed with the tutorial on how to deactivate your Facebook account temporarily.
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account Temporarily
- Launch Facebook and sign-in
- click on the downward arrow in the top right corner of any Facebook page.
- Select settings
- Click on General in the left column
- Click Manage your account, then click Deactivate your account and follow the instructions to confirm.
- Select a reason for deactivating your Account
Note: To restore your Facebook account in the future, all you need to do is to sign-in Facebook using your login details and that’s all.
- Must Read: How to Download All Facebook Data
In deactivating your Facebook account, the steps listed above should be followed completely. Remember to read the implications listed above, before you proceed to delete your Facebook account.
Amazing… Alexis thanks for sharing this informative post.