Touch screens are amazing when they work. However, when they become faulty, they can be quite annoying to work with. The biggest issue is that with specific devices, the touch screen is the only way to use your device or tab, so when it stops functioning, it could be a nightmare period with your device. This article contains a tutorial on how to fix a screen that isn’t working.
Even if there are cases where an unresponsive touch screen will require professional repair, there are instructions you can adhere to if you want to fix it yourself. The steps to fixing your faulty screen are listed below.
Simple Fixes For A Touch Screen That Does Not Work?
1. Clean the screen with a lint-free cloth.
2. Get your device restarted.
3. Take off the case or screen protector.
4. Ensure your hands are clean and dry and do not wear gloves.
How Can I Fix My Touch Screen That Is Not Working?
1. Clean It
It could be that the touch screen stopped responding because of built-up dirt and grime or issues with the case or screen protector. Because it can be easily rectified, you can just give your phone a thorough cleaning to fix things. See how:
Must Read: 7 Best Screen Recording Apps For Android
- Get your hands cleaned or use clean gloves.
- Get the touch screen wiped with a lint-free cloth. The cloth might be dry or wet.
- Do not use a sopping wet cloth.
- You need to wring your cloth out before letting it come in contact with your touch screen.
- If it still does not fix it, remove the screen protector or case.
- You might have to clean the screen after removing the screen protector if it got damaged.
- Remove your gloves, because touch screens do not work well through gloves.
- Ensure your fingers are clean and dry too because wet fingers can cause an unresponsive touch screen.
2. Remove The SIM Card, Memory Cards, And Peripherals
Even if it is uncommon, issues with SIM cards, memory cards, and peripherals can sometimes result in touch screen issues in Android and Windows devices. See how to fix:
Must Read: 10 Best Screen Dimmer Apps For Android
- Switch off your device and unplug it.
- Take out the SIM card and memory cards.
- Reboot your device and test the operation of the touch screen.
- If it fixes the touch screen, you should think about replacing all the things you removed one at a time until you get to the root of the issue.
3. Adjust iPhone Touch Screen Sensitivity Settings
If you are battling an unresponsive or inaccurate touch screen on your iPhone 6s or newer, it might be a 3D Touch sensitivity problem. To fix that, you will need to adjust that setting. See how:
Must Read: 15 Best Snake on screen Apps for Android
- Navigate to Access Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch.
- Make adjustments to the slider between light and firm.
- Disable 3D Touch if the screen is still faulty.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to fix a screen that is not working. If you have any questions as regards this tutorial, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.