I written quite a reasonable number of articles on How To Root An Android Phone on this blog. Incase you do not know what Rooting an Android Phone is, and it’s benefits, let me recap on that.
Rooting an Android smartphone helps you remove the limitations that were placed on your smartphone when you purchased it. After you Root an Android Device, you gain access to system folders, you would be able to delete pre installed Apps on your Android phone, and there are lots of Apps out there that would require your Root your Android Smartphone before you can use them. Now you see the benefits, let’s move on to How to Root the HTC Droid DNA.
- Must Read: Top Ten Best Android Applications
Note that rooting an Android device would void your warranty.
Prerequisites to Rooting HTC Droid DNA
- Your Device’s USB cable.
- An HTC Droid DNA with unlocked bootloader . If your bootloader is not unlocked, Make a google search on HTC’s bootloader, go to their unlock page and unlock your. Note: All your Data would be Erased.
- You need ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery for your Android smartphone.
- SuperSU, su and Busybox package.
- ADB configured on your computer with fastboot
The files mentioned above can all be gotten from XDA-Developers
How to Root a HTC Droid DNA Android Smartphone
- Download the above mentioned files, then rename the recovery file to recovery.img and put it in the root of your PC’s C: drive.
- Now, move the SuperSU and Busybox package to the root of your DROID DNA’s Android Phone’s internal memory.
- Restart your HTC Droid DNA Smartphone into bootloader mode and then connect it to your PC using yout USB Cable.
- Run Command promptby pressing the Windows + R keys at the same time, then type in cmd and Hit Enter. Then in the black screen, type in
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After this process, reboot to recovery, then choose Install ZIP from SD card followed by Choose ZIP from SD card (or Internal memory), and flash the SuperSU and Busybox package that you placed in your phone’s memory earlier.
- After you are through with this step, Restart your HTC Droid DNA Normally.
You have successfully Rooted your HTC Droid DNA Android Phone using this 6 steps Android Rooting Guide.
I hope it helps.
Cool write up, let me see if i could lay my hands on it. thanks
Please let us know if you do.