WhatsApp groups are very good platforms to keep in touch with friends and family from across the globe. However, not everybody is a fan. Nowadays, lots of users just prefer to be in complete control of their accounts. In this article, we explore a comprehensive tutorial on how to stop somebody from adding you to WhatsApp groups.
How Can I Stop Someone From Adding Me To WhatsApp Groups On My Android Device?
1. Launch WhatsApp on your Android device and click the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right.
2. After that, click Settings > Account > Privacy.
3. Now click Groups and choose one of the three options, Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except.
4. If you choose Everyone, anybody can add you to groups.
5. Choosing My Contacts only lets your contacts add you to WhatsApp groups.
6. Lastly, My Contacts Except lets you allow just specific people to add you to WhatsApp groups.
How Can I Stop Someone From Adding Me To WhatsApp Groups On My iPhone?
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iOS device and on the bottom bar, click Settings.
2. After that, click Account > Privacy > Groups.
3. On the next screen, choose one of the three given displayed options, Everyone, My Contacts, and My Contacts Except. You will be able to select all the contacts one after the other or click Select All.
More Information About WhatsApp
WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service owned by Facebook. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, makes voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
WhatsApp’s client application runs on mobile devices but is also accessible from desktop computers, as long as the user’s mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop app.
The service requires users to provide a standard cellular mobile number for registering with the service. In January 2018, WhatsApp released a standalone business app targeted at small business owners, called WhatsApp Business, to allow companies to communicate with customers who use the standard WhatsApp client.
The client application was created by WhatsApp Inc. of Mountain View, California, which was acquired by Facebook in February 2014 for approximately US$ 19.3 billion.
By February 2018, WhatsApp had over one and a half billion users, making it the world’s most popular messaging application at the time. It has become the primary means of communication in multiple countries, including Brazil, India, Pakistan and large parts of Europe, including the United Kingdom, Spain, and France.
WhatsApp was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, former employees of Yahoo!. After leaving Yahoo! in September 2007, they took some time off in South America. At one point, they applied for jobs at Facebook but were rejected.
On February 28, 2019, The New York Times reported that Facebook was “hoping to succeed where Bitcoin failed” by developing an in-house cryptocurrency that would be incorporated into WhatsApp.
The project reportedly involves over 50 engineers under the direction of former PayPal president David Marcus. This ‘Facebook coin’ will reportedly be a stablecoin pegged to the value of a basket of different foreign currencies.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to stop someone from adding you to Whatsapp groups. If you have any questions as regards this tutorial, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.