It’s 25th of December 2014, it’s a time for celebration and merriment, I hope you are enjoying it. Here today with me is Mi Muba, remember our “how to build your blog interview series“, this seems to be the last interview in this interview series, but trust me, it’s packed with alot to blow your mind.
This interview is lengthy, I hope you have your soft drink by the coner so that you can sip it while you read along.
Mi Muba has come here to let us know how to be a money blogger 🙂 sounds great? I hope you all will want to be money bloggers, but how? Lets keep it going.
Before we proceed, please if you’ve not read other interviews in this interview series, you can see them below.
- The Geek’s Corner – An Amble With Doncaprio
- Know Your Blogging Onion – A Jaunt With Oscar Frank
- Make Google First Page Your Home Page – A Stroll With Nisha Pandey
Okay! Lets proceed properly to the interview.
1. Hi Mi Muba, welcome to FTB, our readers would like to know whom you are, so please in some lines tell us about yourself.
I have been associated with different professions in my life including teaching, media management, public relation, journalism, event management, environmental awareness, NGO management etc before joining blogging.
Now I am a full-time blogger with my blogging consultancy business to non-profit sector more particularly.
Basically I provide consultancy to businesses, political organizations and non-governmental organization on “how to become your own publisher”.
2. Wow! I never knew you were a master in many fields, that sounds great you know. Apart from blogging was there any online business you found yourself in before blogging?
More than many offline businesses I have done so far but no any online before blogging.
From selling candies to manage my living during my student life to real estate brokerage; used cars seller to private tutor; small school owner to newspaper proof reader are a few businesses and jobs I did in my early life when I was trying to complete my education.
After successfully completing my double post graduation – one in Economics and one in Commerce – I was associated to a number of formal professions as I mentioned replying your first question.
3. You really did a lot of businesses before venturing into blogging, and I’m just confused why you quited them all. From the begining, what propelled you to venture into blogging?
Complete freedom while earning money and making my living was my dream from my childhood.
Because of having no big money to invest and start a profitable business I could not have made my dream come true and had to do multiple small jobs in every phase of my life.
Once I got to know fully how blogging can be started with a little investment and be made the source of full-time earning I never looked here and there and just glued to it without second thought.
4. Oh! I see, great move you made there. At the early stage, how was blogging like? (Please tell on details)
I was fired from a job four years back and was much upset on being jobless.
Then my wife asked me to do something where I need not to rely on others policy of either retaining my services or firing me.
So I did a little research on internet and was much surprised to read about blogging. I read a huge number of posts from the blogs of Lisa Irby, John Chow, Darren Rowse and Steve Pavlina.
The amazing videos of Lisa cleared my vision about blogging and especially of niche website. As you know till 2010 and even after that for a long time niche website was considered the easiest way to earn money online.
So I started thinking to create a few niche websites to check how far I could go into this field.
Almost after one week of my researching I started my first website Pollution Pollution Dot Com.
I was hoping to have huge traffic at it as after researching I got an impression getting traffic is quite easy.
But rise in traffic was so slow at my newly created website and I got a little confused either I was doing something wrong or the great bloggers who I read in detailed were telling lie.
I was confused to either continue blogging or quit it. I was regularly managing my website on green niche but not very passionately because of slow rise of traffic.
In desperation I placed an ad at a few job websites offering my blogging services including content writing, SEO and SMO. Though I was not much expert at that time but in desperation I decided to sell my skills and earn money because I was not seeing any huge response at my then newly created website on green niche.
Then I got an email from a stranger living in London. He introduced himself an owner of an NGO and shared with me that he wanted to create so many niche website to earn money online for doing charity work for his NGO. It was a great offer for me as I was also working on the same line.
So I joined him and then all my financial worries vanished because I started earning a decent amount of money as being his blogging consultant and was also giving time to manage my green blog which I earlier was taking as simply a website.
Once I got cleared niche website can never be a long term project to earn money online because of skyrocketing competition I decided to treat it as a blog and still managing it and making money for my living.
5. It’s really funny that you thought that those Pro bloggers lied, lol.. What is blogging to you? (Please Define In Details)
The first word comes into my mind is ease or convenience or support or help as the best description of blogging.
Blogging is an ease because it makes your promotional, marketing and publicity efforts easier and you can bring buyers at your blog with your SEO based contents to sell them your products.
Blogging is a convenience as you don’t have to hire a huge sales and marketing team to sell your products and all you can do at your blog with minimum possible human resources.
You just have to convey your message with all the available free and premium online resources including social media, forums, communities and Adwords.
As a result of your efforts buyers come to your blog, listen or read your sales pitch and buy their required products. No transportation, no demo meetings, no front-desk customer care or no visit of showroom is required to sell products through your blog.
Blogging is a support to promote your offline business and expand its market by telling about your business to more people who you can’t access without it.
Look, you are in an African country and I am in an Asian country right now and easily sharing our views with each other because of blogging.
I am easily promoting my personal brand here and you are making me speak which your readers want to know and learn. So this is the supportive feature of blogging.
Blogging is the wonderful source to helping others. It is the best way to educate others, motivate them, inspire them and bring them to your blog community to keep helping them by providing the best solutions of their problem. If some of them afford to get your premium solutions it’s equally helpful for you to earn money while helping people.
6. That was a wow definition of blogging, I’ve never thought of it in that dimension. How many blogs do you manage as at now?
Right now I have three blogs.
- One is green blog the main source of my living,
- Another one is on capital markets and in Urdu language.
- Last but not the least is money blog where I am getting extra ordinary response and that is why shifted my focus a little from capital market blog to this one as now I am more than hopeful to make it a big success in near future.
- Must Read: Benefits Of Using A custom Domain Name
7. Do you see blogging as the best way or one of the best ways to make money online?
Obviously it is one of the best ways to make money online. It is the best option for those who are sellers by nature or who can’t live happily without sharing their views with others.
In terms of marketing there are two types of people in this world. One type is of sellers and other type is of buyers.
Sellers even buy a thing keeping in mind the option of its reselling if need arises. While buyers buy a saleable thing without any proper plan to resell it and that is why fail to resell it further at an appropriate price.
So blogging is the best option to earn money for those who are seller by nature.
8. The Seller and buyer concept of blogging, that’s really cool 🙂 . From your blogs url (beamoneyblogger) I assume you teach how one can be able to make money from their blogs. How do you monitize your blog?
You would be surprised to know I haven’t monetized it as yet.
In February 2015 my money blog will be of one year. After that I will monetize it thoroughly and extensively examining what my blog community exactly wants to select a perfect range of products to sell them for the solution of their various problems.
I admit that I made a delay in monetizing it but this is my strategic move because I am not confused:
- If I can earn money with my blog because I am already earning money from my other blog so I don’t have any doubt about it.
- After how much time I will make money with it. Here again I already have practical experienced with my green blog that first one has to bring a huge amount of traffic and convert it as blog community then one can easily earn money with his blog.
Right now I am just going through the process of building and expanding an engaging community of money blog.
9. Which is the best method to monitize a blog?
Selling and only selling. Either you sell your products or affiliate products.
The most lucrative way is to sell any formally developed service as a product like online tutorial or e-course or online video university.
The foundation of the blog monetization must be stronger enough to make it a business. Otherwise if you try to sell whatever offer you get you can become an online hawker and always keep waiting for the offer from a manufacturer to sell his product and make not-so-huge amount of money.
10. What techniques are required to make money from a blog?
The same techniques are required which an offline seller needs plus your trustworthy online presence as an authority in your field. To achieve this one has to do a lot of hard work.
It takes much time to build your online presence by actively participating at social media, forums and communities. You don’t just have to be another online guy but to make your presence felt you need to participate in the discussion, share your views, listen to others and confront and consent with them very politely.
Once you share your knowledge on your niche with the online communities your authority in your field is automatically built up. So you just need to prove online who you are and how wonderful you are. After that monetizing is just like a child’s play for you.
If you observe there are thousands of guys at social media who don’t have any blog but they have huge number of followers. They just have established their awesome online presence to avail it to support their job, business and to keep the option of starting their online business whenever they want.
11. What are the essential tools required for making money from a blog?
There are two types of tools you require to make money from your blog.
One type is non-technical tools. But their value is higher than their counterpart. They are your passion, knowledge, consistency and strategy for what to sell and who to sell.
Also your power of getting others attention towards you with your useful contents and make them your loyal readers.
Other type is technical tools for making money from your blog. They are:
- Keyword planner to decide which phrase you should use in your post related to its topic to be easily searched on internet.
- SEO plugin either any reliable free or premium one to tell search engines you have a phrase in your post which people are searching in huge number.
- Social media sharing tool or your regular slot of time to share your posts at a few top social media as I do at FB, Twitter and G massively and also a few other social media off and on.
- Your selection of an affiliate to sell its products if you want to become an affiliate marketer
- Creation of your own product to sell it for solving the most common problems of your blog community or meeting its main demands
12. The more popular a blog gets is the more it stands chances of making money. So how do you promote your blog?
The same methods I follow to promote my blogs as others do including:
- Writing SEO based and people based contents.
- Promoting them at social media, forums and blogging communities.
- Actively interacting with others.
- Always be ready to attend my visitors.
- Running my customer care office though social media and blog commenting
- Read This: Make Money Online Writing Articles
13. Please can you tell us how much you earn from your blog (beamoneyblogger)?
I regularly get offers of random selling of affiliate products and writing products review which I very politely turn down and tell them I have yet to monetize my blog.
As I said earlier I have plan to lay a strong foundation to monetize my blog as I am already earning a decent amount of money from my other blog so I don’t want to make haste to earn yet another decent amount from this one. I have the right to think big and I am fully exploiting my right. 🙂
14. It’s shocking that you’re yet to monetize your money blog, but I buy your idea on starting the monetization in a big way though. For newbies who want to make money from their blog, what is the first thing you think should be given more consideration to?
They must create value in their any kind of online venture. Here value means the thing you create at your blog either it is contents, products or service must have a unique thing which earlier was never offered.
Or it should be a way-forward to already available things. Or it should be an advance version in terms of ease, utility and price.
One can’t put value just after starting his blog. So he needs to first keep creating identical contents but keep improving his knowledge to, later on, start putting value in his every creation.
15. Do you think that one can make money from their blogs without adsense? If yes then tell us how.
PPC is an inbound way of earning money. You can’t tell online communities at forums and social media that “oh come to my blog and you will find a huge variety of ads to click on them”.
So you just have to rely on the promotion of your contents to bring traffic and then show them PPC ads if they want to click on them. So chance factor is quite higher in terms of earning money with any type of PPC ads including Google Adsense.
While going for other methods like affiliate marketing and your own products you can tell online communities that you have showcased a new product at your blog and they should check it. This you do by sharing your product reviews and informative posts on your own products.
16. Are there secrets for one to be a money blogger? Let us know.
Yes there is only one secret to be a money blogger and finally, I am sharing it here. The secret is “THERE IS NO SECRET TO BE A MONEY BLOGGER” if one follows the best strategy he can earn money and even huge money with his consistency and hard work.
THERE IS NO SECRET TO BE A MONEY BLOGGER
17. What is/are your advice(s) to newbies who want to be a money blogger?
Don’t make haste to join blogging nor make extraordinary delay.
First do extensive research to confirm if you can continue it and then join to be a symbol of success in this field. Always remember blogging is not an end of this world but being a free or cheap option you should once try it without quitting your job or business to fully check if you can be successful in it.
18. It’s nice having you on my blog. Thanks for the visit.
My pleasure Larry and I do appreciate the way you crafted your questions and I really enjoyed replying them.
Your each question reflects your intention to serve the maximum needs of your blog community and help them solve their problems. This is called interviewing with a proper vision.
Have a successful blogging journey.
Thanks Sir 🙂
- Make Sure You See: Why I Blog, And Why You Should Too
Winding It Up
It’s no doubt that you’ve learnt a thing from this interview, Mo Muba has really shared a lot here, so it sure will be nice you implement them, and trust me, you won’t regret blogging in the year 2015.
What’s Your Say?
Are there ways to being a money blogger which you’ve given a try? Tell us your experience.
What method has been working for you? Also let us know.
Connect With Mi Muba
I think it’s gonna be nice you connect with him, visit his blog and learn more about how to be a money blogger. 🙂