It is no news that firefox made an update to their desktop browser few months ago and the new versions (from version 23) had some previously visible options omitted.
After a whole lot of search through the menu options of the web browser program, I finally gave up searching the menus and I had to look for a work around to fixing this. Guess what, I definitely came up with one.
How To Turn Off Images In Firefox Browser 23, 24 +
1. In your address bar, type in the word about:config and hit the Enter button.
2. You’ll land on a page with lots of option in a tabular form. It has numerous rows and four columns of Prefrence Name, Status, Type and Value. In the search box above the table, type in permissions.default.image . The first row that shows up is what we need to edit in order to disable images.
3. In the permissions.default.image row, the column with title as value has 1. Double click on one and dialogue box would pop up for you to make an entry, change the number 1 to 2 and hit OK.
4. Hurray, your images would be disabled. To enable your images again, follow the same procedure as above, but change the value from 2 back to 1.
- Don’t Miss: 5 Google Chrome Extension For Bloggers
1. Following the same method as for images, type about:config and hit the Enter button.
There are addons that can help you achieve this, but since we could alter these options manually, I guess that was the reason I never searched for them.
Feel free to ask any questions if need be and remember to share this tutorial with your friends.