Need information on what Google Calendar spam is all about? Most times, the spam comes in the form of phony events in your calendar that are false, the ones that are simply ads and the regular online dating scams. The spam events can be frustrating when they are visible on several days, and this is quite rampant. In this article, we explore a comprehensive tutorial on how to keep Google Calendar Spam events away from your account.
Google is aware of this issue and has vowed to provide a solution in the future. But before then, there is something you can do. Deleting the events is simple, however, you can just prevent it. See How To Keep Google Calendar Spam Events Away From My Account?
How Can I Prevent Google Calendar Spam?
Before anything else, we have to stop Google Calendar from adding event invitations automatically:
- With Google Calendar’s web portal, tap the gear icon in the top right corner and choose “Settings.”
- In Settings, use the menu on the left to choose “Event settings.”
- In the right panel, you must locate an option named “Automatically add invitations.”
- In the drop-down menu close to that option, choose “No, only show invitations to which I have responded.”
After that, we have to prevent Google Calendar from adding all events that will be visible in your Gmail:
Must Read: How To Use Android Without Google Services
- You need to still be on the Settings page.
- Locate and tap “Events from Gmail” on the left-hand list of settings.
- On the right-hand panel, locate “Events from Gmail” and untick “Automatically add events from Gmail to my calendar.”
- Tap “OK” on the warning box that you will see.
Lastly, we have to hide previously-removed spam events from your PC and phone:
- Still, inside the Settings menu on Calendar for the web, locate and tap “View options.”
- Untick “Show declined events.”
- After that, with your Android device, launch the Google Calendar application.
- Choose the 3-line menu icon in the upper left corner to reveal the menu panel.
- Swipe all the way down the menu panel to locate and click “Settings.”
- Way up in the Settings menu, click “General.”
- Towards the middle of this fresh page, locate “Show declined events” and ensure it is toggled off.
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to keep Google Calendar Spam events away from your account. If you have any question feel free to drop them in the comment section below.