You’ll be shocked to know that an average handset carries 18 times more potentially harmful germs than a flush handle in a men’s toilet. That’s the more reason you have to find handy ways to keep your smartphone clean.
Instead of letting germs build around your phone, here is how you can use household items around your home in cleaning up dirt from your cellphone.
1. Soft Microfiber Cloth
When it comes to removing greasy/oily fingerprint stamps from any gadget, this kind of household material would quite come in handy. Here is how mashable explain it to be done.
- Dampen the corner of the fiber material in water. Make sure you do not spray water directly on your smartphone.
- Wipe your phone with the cloth up and down the screen gently.
- Use the dry corner of cloth to remove any excess moisture on your phone.
Note: You do not have to make use of hard surfaced clothes that could damage your phones screen.
2. Cotton swabs
Wondering how you could remove dirts from corners of your phone such as the ports? Cotton swabs would help you erase tiny crumbs and dust particles from these difficult to reach areas.
3. Using Water and Rubbing alcohol
Using a little of alcohol to wipe you gadgets would help disinfect your device. Though I won’t recommend using it in large quantity as some chemicals can be corrosive on some phone case materials. Follow the steps below.
- Prepare a mix of 60% water and 40% isopropyl rubbing alcohol, which can be found at your local drugstore.
- Lightly dampen the corner of a soft, lint-free cloth, microfiber cloth or cotton square with the water and alcohol mix. Don’t apply or spray the mix directly onto your phone.
- Gently wipe your phone with the cloth to kill unwanted bacteria.
- Use the dry corner of cloth to remove any excess on your phone.
4. Distilled water and white vinegar
There are definitely alternatives for those who do not wish to try the alcohol water method. It simply requires the usage of distilled water and white vinegar. Here’s how:
- You would have to mix of 50% distilled water and 50% white vinegar.
- As usual, dampen a corner of your microfiber cloth with the solution. As usual, use it to wipe your phone and make sure you don not spray the liquid in your mobile device.
- You can now use the dry corner of cloth to dry out your phone.
Isn’t this great. Why not get your smartphone cleaned up all with everyday items you can easily lay your hands on.
Also feel free to share your working procedures using the comment section.