MTN decided to introduce an internet service where you can now share your data bundle plans with up to 5 of your friends or family members known as MTN Data Share.
Actually, the concept is in form of allowing multiple users to use one data plan, and the sponsor, you, who would want to share with others your data plan has to subscribe to any of the following data bundle plans in the table below.
|Plan Name||Bonus||Total Bundle||Validity Period||Purch. Code||Price|
After purchasing any of the above plans you are now set to sharing this with up to 5 beneficiaries. You can follow the below steps to share your MTN Data bundle plan.
1. You have to Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for MTN Data Share, a short and unique PIN would be sent to you.
2. As usual with MTN, you are required to change the system generated PIN to a new PIN they can easily remember by dialing *131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD_PIN NEW_PIN NEW_PIN to 131. E.g Change 0000 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- Must Read: MTN Data Plans
3. After changing the PIN, you are required to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*2# or by texting Add <MSISDN> <PIN> to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
4. Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share <PIN> to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*3#.
That’s how easy it is to share your MTN Data plan with others.