Blogging has for some years now transformed from keeping journals about ones self into a fulltime and interesting job for several people around the globe (including myself). For sure, most people like myself started out of the passion we had for the internet and helping others, but who says you can’t take blogging to the bank?
Blogging to the bank could seem pretty easy when you read several income reports from bloggers who make it big, but on the contrary, it hasn’t been what you see from the outside. It requires a flock of hardwork, sleepless nights, making creative articles, doing SEO and much more.
In this article, I’ll give you an explicit view on what makes a successful blogger and how turn your passion into smiling to the bank. Below are simple yet ignored facts you need to know to convert your blog into a full time business.
1. Your Passion
First off, without passion for what you do, you definitely would end up rolling your eyes in exasperation. Trust me, blogging isn’t a get rich quick scheme and in your early days, what would keep your fire burning is the passion you have for what you do.
It actually took me a couple of months (if not years) before I landed my first Adsense cheque. What kept me going all those while was the passion I had for the blogosphere and helping others.
Find out what you love doing and do not spread your efforts on things you are not interested in. This would help you carve a niche for yourself and blog. Here are tips to finding a blogging Niche to stick to.
- Must Read: You Are In The Wrong Niche If You Experience These
- Google Adsense – Niches to Avoid and Niches to Try
2. Write Like Crazy
You don’t actually need to be crazy to write good articles anyway. One thing I hold on to is this quote by Brian Clark (a british television writer) .
“10 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer
Write even more.
Write even more than that.
Write when you don’t want to.
Write when you do.
Write when you have something to say.
Write when you don’t.
Write every day.
Practice they say makes perfect, and the simple secret here is, the more you write, the better you get at it. You firstly have to make extensive research about your niche, craft magnetic articles and most of all, write like crazy. Below are links to articles that will improve your writing.
- Must Read: 5 SuperCharged Yet Basic Tips To Improving Your Writing Skills Fast
- Tips To Writing Compelling Blog Headlines That Grab Attention
- 5 Strategies To Overcome Writer’s Block as a Blogger
3. Build A Community
If you wish to make money off blogging, then you need to build a community around your blog. Building a community on the other hand isn’t about getting traffic to your blog, it is all about getting the right target audience around your blog.
Getting a handful of loyal readership, people who are interested in what you do and also respect you as an authority is by far better than getting a ton of readers who are in the real sense not interested in your stuff. Loyal readers can be easily turned into cash since they trust you, and building a community around your blog is all you need to turn this passion into a successful reality. Here are some articles you might find interesting.
- Must Read: 5 Tips To Make Your Blog Stand Out of the Crowd
- How I Increased My Blog’s Traffic By 68% In 30 Days
- 6 Reasons Why You Do Not Get Comments On Your Blog
4. Promote Your Posts
Hey dear, if you can write the best articles in the cybersphere and do not have a strategic plan laid down to get it over to your target audience, your voice would definitely not be heard. Your voice not been heard would result in your frustration and exit of this career path. I’ve been able to write some articles that you would find helpful in mapping out your own killer strategies to promoting your blog posts.
- Must Read: Top 17 Effective Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog In 2014
- 10 Ways and Places To Promote Your Blog
- Ways To Promote Your Blog Traffic Using Forums
- 6 Effective Ways To Promote Your Web Design Business
- Effective Techniques To Promote Your Business
After you’ve discovered a Niche, learnt to write killer articles, built a community around your blog and most of all been able to get your articles to the face of millions using your laid down promotion schemes, what’s left to do is MONETIZE your blog.
There are several ways you can monetize your blog and make a living off it. These include applying for Ad companies such as Adsense, Media.net, Chitika, Infolinks and a host of others. On the other hand, you could sell ads directly to clients at fixed rates of your choice. You could as well make money publishing sponsored reviews. The options are endless, read the below articles to help you in monetizing your blog.
- Must Read: 20 Ways To Make Money Blogging
- 4 Google Adsense Alternatives That Worked for Me
- 5 Quick Ways To Make Money Using Your Email List
- The Truth: You Can Never Make Money Blogging
If you for sure want to become a full time blogger, then you have to take blogging as a real business. In real businesses, you reinvest your income in order to make more money next time and blogging as a full career shouldn’t be an exception.
There are a number of things to invest into if you wish to build a multimillion dollar blogging organization. Things like a good hosting, good writers, adverts and SEO shouldn’t be overlooked. Below are articles to guide you through this.
- Must Read: Why You Must Invest Money Into Your Blog – Benefits Of Blog Investmen
- Things To Invest and Spend Money For On Your Blog
7. Rinse and Repeat
After you must have diligently followed the above laid down steps, it’s left for you to rinse and repeat the whole process. Yea, that’s the secret to becoming a successful blogger and living the internet lifestyle.
Other Articles That Would Help
- 7 Simple Tips That Will Take Your Blog To The Next Level
- How to Revive Your Lost Blogging Passion
- How TechCrunch Makes Money Blogging – Apply Same Methods
- Writing Blog Contents That Drive Readers Away
- 5 Blog Content Title Types That Drive Massive Traffic
- 5 SEO Tips To Turn Your Blog Into A Traffic Machine
Now Your Turn
Having gone through this post, it’s left for you to implement these tested and trusted strategies, apply them and watch out the magic that plays out. As I said earlier, blogging is not a get rich quick scheme, but it really pays in the long run if properly done.
I would love to hear your views. Please do let me know what you think using the comment section below. To your blogging success! Cheers!